"The tracks on this release are not available" but only on some accounts

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Motorola G84

My Question or Issue

My partner was listening to an album and I wanted to save it to my library. We both have Motorola's, both in Australia, and both have premium plans. I couldn't find the album anywhere searching it up and when he sent me a link it said "the tracks on this release are not available". Why would this happen? The only thing I can think is that he set up his account in the UK and maybe copyright is different?

7 Replies

Hi there @dunning99,

Thanks for reaching out. You might be onto something there. You can both check your respective account pages and see what countries your accounts have. If yours has Australia, while the other person has the UK, that may explain the discrepancy, as content availability does vary between countries.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This opens up a new question though. Why are some songs not a available in certain countries exactly. And if it's as easy to get around it by changing your account settings that's an easy buy annoying get around.. 

Hey there @DJPearson90,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Keep in mind that, as @Joan mentioned above, content availability varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from the rights holders. 

In addition to that, changing your country settings is not a workaround for this. Whether you're a free user or on a Premium subscription, you need to actually be there to be able to update your country or your payment method to one issued in that country. 

If you can't find something right now, don't worry. Spotify is always adding content, so it might appear (or reappear) soon. 

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. The Community will be here if anything else comes up.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The same thing happened to me yesterday and it still occurs. I was listening to Pierce the veil yesterday and something odd occurred when I clicked on ANY of their albums. It said the tracks on this release aren't available. It still says it and all their songs have been deleted from the playlists I added them to.

I'm still experiencing the issue. When I search for the song on Google, it appears in the search results, but when I click on it, Spotify opens with an empty album. I haven't changed my country settings, and since it's a local song, it should be available in my country. I am a pro user.

Having same problem. “The tracks on this release are not available “. Strange, sudden and inconsistent since the other person in my Premium Duo can access these same albums.  Help!!

Some songs become unavailable sporadically. One day I can listen to them but the next morning I cannot, but in the evening I can listen again. Very strange and unpredictable behavior. Just because of this issue I started switching to other streaming services.

Suggested posts