Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Failure to Login w Facebook, no error messages

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I haven't found this particular problem yet. If I looked over it, please forgive me. Using the desktop app on OSX on my Macbook Pro, I click on "Log in with Facebook".In Safari I first get a blank page,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I haven't found this particular problem yet. If I looked over it, please forgive me.   Using the desktop app on OSX on my Macbook Pro, ...
  • DjVinnie91
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Followers do not receive a notification when I update a playlist anymore

Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now. The followers already unfollowed and refollowed my playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now....
  • Songburp
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"can't play song" issue arises constantly

fairly sporadic, although i reliably have to restart spotify about 4 times per day when a song cuts out and i get a "cant play the current song" error message. a restart fixes the problem

• Casual Listener
  • fairly sporadic, although i reliably have to restart spotify about 4 times per day when a song cuts out and i get a "cant play the current song" error message. a restart fixes the problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone else keeps playing tracks?

Hi everyone, I'm asking this question for my boyfriend. He has a Spotify Premium account which he only uses on his Macbook and his phone with Android. He keeps having this problem in which he is just listening to some music and suddenly another song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I'm asking this question for my boyfriend. He has a Spotify Premium account which he only uses on his Macbook and his phone with Android. He keeps having this problem in which h...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Errrragh!I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER. It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go back into my profile.Can anyone help?

• Regular
  • Errrragh! I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER.  It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go b...
  • koeber
  • Casual Listener
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Mac
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes

unable to access messages

Hi, I have a mac & I am unable to access my messages. I press on the box and the loading sign comes up but will never load. I have reinstalled spotify twice, quit the applicaation, and also tried restarting my computer. However, whever I went to the ...

• Hi,   I have a mac & I am unable to access my messages.  I press on the box and the loading sign comes up but will never load.  I have reinstalled spotify twice, quit the applica...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High CPU usage on OS X when Spotify is in the background

This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc. There are several threds that say that this issue has been solved, but the "fix" did not work for me. Moreov...

Screenshot 2016-04-09 12.17.15.png
  • Regular
  • This happens many times per day, pretty much whenever Spotify is in the background. The spotify_helper process is at 100%, fans go wild, etc.   There are several threds that say that this ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborative Playlists Settings

About a year ago, I made a playlist and my friend (who didn't follow me as a user, just the individual playlist) followed the playlist. I then made the playlist collaborative and we began to add songs to it. I never took notice to if the playlist eve...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nder "Public Playlists", although I do share my activity on Spotify. However, the playlist now has 20 followers, yet my personal account only has 11 followers. These followers have not always been f...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in via facebook

It tells me i can only use spotify for 14 days while in abroad

• Casual Listener
  • It tells me i can only use spotify for 14 days while in abroad
  • bnocrulez_999
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlists not showing in search

Hi, I have a couple of playlists that have been on Spotify for ages and are set as being public... They seem to be uniquely named according to the search - is there anything I can do to get them included so my friends can find/follow them easier?!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a couple of playlists that have been on Spotify for ages and are set as being public... They seem to be uniquely named according to the search - is there anything I can do to get them i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app for Mac wont log me in

I just downloaded the spotify app for my Mac and when i sign in (using my correct username and password) it tells me my username/password is incorrect with an error #3. I know that this cant be true because i just signed into my spotify account using...

• I just downloaded the spotify app for my Mac and when i sign in (using my correct username and password) it tells me my username/password is incorrect with an error #3.  I know that this cant be...
  • daisyblend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot remove local files that no longer exist on my macbook

Hello, I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these and this post looks like the user had the same issue resolved...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have several podcasts showing up in my local files library that haven't existed on my macbook in months, maybe years. I've searched everywhere I could think on how to delete these a...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep getting "Can't play the current song"

Hi everybody, I just paid for Premium subscription today and want to use Spotify on multiple devices and save some tracks for offline pleasure, but I keep getting the same message "Can't play the current song" on the latest Mac client of Spotify. It ...

• Regular
  • Hi everybody, I just paid for Premium subscription today and want to use Spotify on multiple devices and save some tracks for offline pleasure, but I keep getting the same message "Can't play the cur...
  • zoobain
  • Music Fan
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Notifications disappears after a restart of Spotify 1.0.1

Let's say I have 20 notifications.If I close Spotify and restart it later, all the notifications have disappeared, even those that I did not listen to. Could you imagine your unread emails disappering after you close your mail reader ? No!Well it's t...

• Roadie
  • Let's say I have 20 notifications. If I close Spotify and restart it later, all the notifications have disappeared, even those that I did not listen to.   Could you imagine your unread emails...
  • TinyTempo
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iTunes to Spotify Migration Help Advice

So I want to optimize how much space I have on my computer. I want to delete everything locally on my computer (most of it on itunes) that spotify has and keep everything locally that spotify does not have. I have about 100 GB's worth of music. What ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I want to optimize how much space I have on my computer.   I want to delete everything locally on my computer (most of it on itunes) that spotify has and keep everything locally that spotif...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad-adsmatte virus in browse section in spotify mac version

Hello,I am using spotify on mac with up-to-date version. I guess my system was infected with some malware which cause my browser to open and connect to some website called "ad-admattes" (than directing to other ad sites) when I click anything on spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am using spotify on mac with up-to-date version. I guess my system was infected with some malware which cause my browser to open and connect to some website called "ad-admattes" (than direc...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Add "Bantana" Feature To Spotify preferences menu

Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we are worried that Spotify Radio may play a Carlos Sa...

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 2.29.42 PM.png
  • Hello. In our office we have a collected playlist of music that we share and careful curate. We have placed a ban on Carlos Santana music in our office (we know this policy as the "Bantana"), but we ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

List of saved songs won't show anymore

For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac.I tried closing the program, restarting the mac, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, but ...

Captura de Tela 2016-04-03 às 00.45.51.png
  • For some random reason Spotify is not showing my list of saved songs anymore. It's working fine on the web player and also on the iphone, just not on the mac. I tried closing the program, restarti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes