Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 7 & 2

Solved!

Error code 7 & 2

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was having a problem with spotity, it was telling me there was no internet and was stuck in offline mode... I stupidly decided to logout, and now im stuck with error code 7 (when trying to login with facebook) and error code 2 (with standard login). There seems to be a lot of people who have had the same issue over the years, but none of their fixes seem to work for me. Please could someone help, kinda getting frustrated now as this error has been going on for a long time and you'd think it would be fixed by now...

Untitled.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Alithiel

Have you tried to restart your router?

Also, did you check your Firewall settings (sometimes antivirus products have own firewalls too, if you're using something other than WinDefender)?

I understand you can't log in at home, in your home wifi..? 🙂

Since the web player apparently didn't work either, I'd check the hosts file as well. Maybe there are some Spotify entries that may likely cause such issues to surface.
This is a rather thorough guide into the hosts world. I would # out everything with spotify or fastly in the address.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Alithiel

Hmm... You could also try reinstalling Spotify, doing that:

Uninstall Spotify. Go to your %appdata% folder in File Explorer and make sure there are no instances of Spotify left anywhere (AppData has Roaming and Local folders and maybe something more). If you do find Spotify folders, delete those.

Restart your machine. Then, install Spotify.

Flushing DNScache may be successful too.
You'll have to open Command Prompt with administrator rights (right-click - run as Administrator) and type in

ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter.
Sometimes bad (or newly expired) entries are stored in the cache. Usually the computer checks and replaces entries within every 24 hours, it may still be useful to fluch the cache to resolve cache-related issues faster.

Can you use the Spotify web player?

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks man but ive tried all of that... I have manged to log back in by using my phone as a hotspot, but now im back on my home wifi im stuck with error code 4 again, stating that im offline.

Marked as solution

@Alithiel

Have you tried to restart your router?

Also, did you check your Firewall settings (sometimes antivirus products have own firewalls too, if you're using something other than WinDefender)?

I understand you can't log in at home, in your home wifi..? 🙂

Since the web player apparently didn't work either, I'd check the hosts file as well. Maybe there are some Spotify entries that may likely cause such issues to surface.
This is a rather thorough guide into the hosts world. I would # out everything with spotify or fastly in the address.

SebastySpotify Star

Problem was resolved by restarting the main router to the building. After 2 hours of speaking to Spotify support and being disconnected, they never suggested this... thanks for the help guys 🙂

Suggested posts