Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play

Solved!

Spotify won't play

I'm a premium member, no prob's with account or subscription, internet connction is fine, but when I push play, nothing happens. The play button changes to pause, and the playback bar starts at 0.00, but then nothing happens. In the past, I have just closed Spotify and restarted or reinstalled, but this time it is not working. It plays fine on my work computer, but not on my laptop. Has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Go to Mixer. See picture http://aijaa.com/004599957431

nimetön.png

Check that Spotify isn't muted here http://aijaa.com/005869957432

nimetön1.png

Hope this works!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Okay, after uninstalling Spotify, shutting down my laptop, restarting, and reinstalling (for the third time in the last 2 days), it has started working again. Weird.

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance! Let the music play!!

Marked as solution

I was having the same issue, pressed play but it wouldn't start moving the ticker for the track playing.  I did a clean install and that didn't fix it, neither did disabling hardware acceleration in Preferences.  I ended up going to the Control Panel (Win 7 64-bit) then Sound.  It popped up a message about there being an issue with one of my audio issues and gave me the option of disabling the feature so I clicked yes.  Closed out of Control Panel and closed/opened Spotify and it was working again for me.  Hope this helps someone

Marked as solution

I had Sound enhancements activated. This jammed up Spotify. I turned off the enhancements at Sounds  - Playback tab - Speaker (double click) Enhancements.

Not really the first place to look.... But solved.

Thanks everyone for trying to help me.

32 Replies

The same here. Have reinstalled and reinstalled. The interface acts as you describe it, but there is nothing more. No sound what so ever. May this be something that has to do with the server?

Just purchased Spotify Premium.  Works well on PC but will only play one track on ipad then just shows track on screen appearing to play, but no sound.  Have re-installed several times with same result every time.

Anybody else having same problem with ipad?

Thank you to whoever solved this problem, however, unless I am missing something, I clicked on the "Go to solution" link, and it just takes me to the other comments on the post, and I can't see anything that looks like a solution.

Hey! I removed the useless Solution.

Ahhh! thanks...

I still have the problem on my laptop. Tried a friends account (he logged in on my computer) and the problem is still there. What to do? Help please - getting withdrawal symptomes not able to use spotify now!!!

Marked as solution

Hey,

Go to Mixer. See picture http://aijaa.com/004599957431

nimetön.png

Check that Spotify isn't muted here http://aijaa.com/005869957432

nimetön1.png

Hope this works!

Hi.

No, sorry, have checked this and still no joy.

The problem is that it is actually not playing back at all. It comes up with 0.00 on the playback bar when you push play, and then doesn't start counting any further - it just freezes. Clicking "next" means it just goes to the next track, comes up 0.00, and freezes again.

It is playing fine on my mobile, so must be something local to my laptop. Very frustrating.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have this problem with all songs or just some?

Try for example this track Liviu Hodor – Sweet Love (feat. Mona) - Radio Edit. Some of you seems to be re-installed at least once the Spotify. If not, you should try.

Then I suggest to uncheck in Edit - Preferences - Disable hardware acceleration. In some laptops this is a problem when ON.

Let me know how you doing!

Marked as solution

Okay, after uninstalling Spotify, shutting down my laptop, restarting, and reinstalling (for the third time in the last 2 days), it has started working again. Weird.

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance! Let the music play!!

@hpguru wrote:

Do you have this problem with all songs or just some?

Try for example this track Liviu Hodor – Sweet Love (feat. Mona) - Radio Edit. Some of you seems to be re-installed at least once the Spotify. If not, you should try.

Then I suggest to uncheck in Edit - Preferences - Disable hardware acceleration. In some laptops this is a problem when ON.

Let me know how you doing!

It was all songs, but now seems to be working fine. I'll try disabling hardware acceleration if it happens again.

Thanks for your help hpguru!

Awesome!!! happy listening.

Managed by myself. Found a device called Stereomix on my computer that had installled itself, probably when I installed equalizer drivers for my soundcard (Realtek). Disabeled it and then Spotify started to work. 

I'm experiencing similar issues... it appears to just happen from time to time. Upon next reboot it sometimes starts to work again... very frustrating!

I just ran into the same thing so I was looking on this forum. I noticed I was watching YouTube videos through my appletv. The sound was still going through that. I turned off AirPlay in YouTube and the sound worked.

thank you!! this solved my problem!!

Hey there!

Happy listening!

I am having a different issue. My spotify will open and show the radio and what not, however, it will not even show 0:00. It doesn't show anything. I can press pause and play over and over again and nothing happens!

Have you tried a clean reinstall?

@Hannahbygrace wrote:

I am having a different issue. My spotify will open and show the radio and what not, however, it will not even show 0:00. It doesn't show anything. I can press pause and play over and over again and nothing happens!

Suggested posts