Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Personal Computer

Operating System

Windows 10 (21H1 / 19043.1288)

My Question or Issue

When I tried to open Spotify today, nothing happened. Windows cursor just shows loading for a second then nothing. Did some troubleshooting and it turns out it's the update to 1.1.71.554 which is causing the issues. When I revert back to 1.1.70.610 everything works fine again.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Jumpy,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. If the issue persists after you did the clean reinstall, then we'd be happy if you send screenshots, or a short screen recording, so we can advise you better.

Secondly, Spotify doesn't recommend downloading old versions of the app. To ensure using Spotify safely, always download from our official sources: the website, and the relevant app stores. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Jumpy,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. If the issue persists after you did the clean reinstall, then we'd be happy if you send screenshots, or a short screen recording, so we can advise you better.

Secondly, Spotify doesn't recommend downloading old versions of the app. To ensure using Spotify safely, always download from our official sources: the website, and the relevant app stores. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This solved the problem 👍. First time an update has been broken requiring these steps for me.

@Kiril wrote:

Yep, the reverting back I mentioned was in fact the latest full download available from download.scdn.co (i.e. official website).

Suggested posts