Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(dell laptop)

Operating System

( Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

running spotify windows 10 store version. would like to delete this version and install the spotify.com version. also i have many playlists some that are downloaded and others that are not. how can these be saved

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @gec7011,

You came to the right place.

Just open the Start, find Spotify in the list of your apps, right click on it and tap Uninstall.

That's it. You just got rid of it. But now you will need it again so here is the link to the Desktop version of it:

https://download.scdn.co/SpotifySetup.exe

However, I would recommend keeping the Windows Store version, since it will get more updates, they will be less painful since they are done in the background and it might get new features faster and get the ones the desktop version might not.

About your playlists. Everything is saved and synced to your account through Spotify servers so nothing losses. Of course since the app will be gone you will just have to redownload those playlists or songs. It's just that easy.

I hope I was able to help, if so mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @gec7011,

You came to the right place.

Just open the Start, find Spotify in the list of your apps, right click on it and tap Uninstall.

That's it. You just got rid of it. But now you will need it again so here is the link to the Desktop version of it:

https://download.scdn.co/SpotifySetup.exe

However, I would recommend keeping the Windows Store version, since it will get more updates, they will be less painful since they are done in the background and it might get new features faster and get the ones the desktop version might not.

About your playlists. Everything is saved and synced to your account through Spotify servers so nothing losses. Of course since the app will be gone you will just have to redownload those playlists or songs. It's just that easy.

I hope I was able to help, if so mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like.

Cheers!

thanks for much to think about. great response.

Following your instructions just reinstalled the Windows 10 store version of Spotify for me.

Hi,

I tried the link and it downloads an exe file that will install Spotify desktop version not the one from Windows Store. 

If it is what I think that it is just reply here if this won’t work.

Cheers!

Hi,

I was able to get the .exe installer, but the version of Spotify that was installed still appears to be the version from the Windows 10 Store:

Untitled.png

See the above picture - it has a Live Tile and if you click 'Rate and review' this takes you to the Windows 10 Store.

Hi,

The Windows Store version has 3 dots on the top left corner that will show you the options that are visible in the Desktop exe version in the Menu Bar.

That's the only difference between them at the moment.

That's strange that the link isn't working for you. Try to search it for yourself.

Cheers!

Suggested posts