Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Back to unlimited

Solved!

Back to unlimited

Hi guys,

I now have a Spotify Unlimited account. I want to try a premium account to try the mobile extras. Is it possible to try premium and if I do not want to keep it return to Unlimited account or do I automaticaly downgrade to free? 

I hope to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can downgrade back to unlimited (if you are in a country where unlimited is available):
https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

It is worth bearing in mind, when you upgrade to Premium, Spotify will convert any Unlimited time you have remaining into Premium time (so you get 1 Premium day for every 2 Unlimited days you have left until your next renewal). It doesn't work the opposite way around, so when you downgrade back to Unlimited, your account will remain on Premium until your next billing date, at which time it will drop to Unlimited again.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

You can downgrade back to unlimited (if you are in a country where unlimited is available):
https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

It is worth bearing in mind, when you upgrade to Premium, Spotify will convert any Unlimited time you have remaining into Premium time (so you get 1 Premium day for every 2 Unlimited days you have left until your next renewal). It doesn't work the opposite way around, so when you downgrade back to Unlimited, your account will remain on Premium until your next billing date, at which time it will drop to Unlimited again.

Peter

thanks for your quick reply.

I think Spotify stopped unlimited accounts in Netherlands. Does this mean i cannot revert to unlimited?

Kind regards,

Frank

If you are currently on unlimited, you will be able to downgrade to unlimited again so you should be good to go!

Peter

Hi, 

I upgraded to PREMIUM for a month since I was travelling and I want to go back to UNLIMITED but the system doesn't give me this option anymore. 

Any tips?

Thanks,

@faranka wrote:

Hi guys,

I now have a Spotify Unlimited account. I want to try a premium account to try the mobile extras. Is it possible to try premium and if I do not want to keep it return to Unlimited account or do I automaticaly downgrade to free? 

I hope to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Frank

Suggested posts