Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for Premium, still have commercials

Charged for Premium, still have commercials

I am being charged for a Premium account and still have commercials.  I am getting very frustrated!  I checked that I am logged in correctly and it appears to be an issue on the side of Spotify.  My account still claims I have a free subscriptions but I have been charged for two months of service.

I emailed support, but I am VERY upset there is not a 800 number to call.  I don't care if I will get a response in 24 hours, I am paying, you have my money, I want an instant fix!

Any other suggestions to rectify this issue?

6 Replies

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That is not the issue.  When I put my email or my user name in it tells me I am linked to my facebook account.  Fine, when I log in through facebook this is the issue I am having.

I tried the whole forgot user name and forgot password and I am being told that my account is linked to facebook.  When I log in I am told my account is still free and I get commercials.

Do you have your email receipt still from when you upgraded?

Peter

Yes.  When I upgraded to Premium I used a 30 day free trial, when that was up I began to get charged on the credit card I used to sign up.

As per the email: 

Hope you're enjoying your Spotify Premium 30-day free trial! Here's your receipt.

Email address: 
Username/ID:   
Date:           2014-08-14 14:54 UTC
Order ID:       413364946017
Payment type:   VISA **** **** **** 

Retailer:       Spotify USA Inc.
Tax ID number:  80-0555431

Items bought:   30 day free trial (Spotify Premium)
Item price:     $0.00
Sales tax 7.7%: $0.00
Total:          $0.00

At the end of the free trial the payment card you provide will automatically be
charged the Spotify Premium subscription fee of $9.99 (plus applicable taxes)
per month.

Thanks for trying Spotify Premium!

The Spotify Team

I was charged at the end of my free trial but I am not getting premium service.  I used my email to log in as weel as my user name and was told that I am to login using facebook.

Unfortunately I fear it is something that Spotify support are going to need to lend a hand with.

Peter

I appreciate your help and effort.  I had the same feeling.  I'm a little upset that I have to wait and do not have access to an 800 number.

Suggested posts