Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change username

Solved!

How to change username

My spotify is linked into my facebook so when I log in I use my facebook details.

But during the week I went to deactivate my facebook [moderator edit], little did I know that I still had to log into spotify with my facebook details.

So I had to log back into facebook which reactivated the account which I am not too impressed about.

Anyway I logged into spotify on the website and went to account details and noticed that my username is like a 8 digit random name. Theres no option to change it. I mean like I wish to use the username rather than logging into facebook the whole time when I want facebook deactivated.

Is there an actual way of changing the username?
Mine is just random numbers like how am I going to remember that in the future for logging into spotify ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

[Moderator edit]

There's some more info on usernames and display names here.

For more info on Spotify and Facebook, this link might help too.

Thanks,

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

[Moderator edit]

There's some more info on usernames and display names here.

For more info on Spotify and Facebook, this link might help too.

Thanks,

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Cheers for that! Great help!

You're welcome 🙂

Hi i write a message with issu. But the answer was... absolutely not helpful.

###

Das ist deine Originalnachricht:
Topic: Change Username

Hello,

I would like to change my username. This is not possible on the settings.

Now "efranki"

Change to "fjrbln"

I would be happy about this change or changes related function.

MERCI

Wenn du eine Frage zu Spotify hast, solltest du zuerst zur Spotify-Gemeinschaft gehen http://community.spotify.com/ , um die Unterstützung anderer Nutzer zu erhalten. Das ist auch ein guter Platz, um sämtliche Unternehmens-Neuigkeiten, die deinen Service betreffen könnten, zu lesen sowie deine eigene Ideen und Feedback zu veröffentlichen.

Dann geh zu unseren “Hilfe”-Seiten http://support.spotify.com Der FAQ-Bereich enthält Antworten auf die meistgestellten Fragen und rät, wie Spotifys Funktionen zu nutzen sind.

Wir sind sicher, dass diese Möglichkeiten dir bei der Frage helfen werden. Vergiss nicht, dass wir dich durch Twitter bei allen grösseren Betriebsänderungen auf dem laufenden halten werden: https://twitter.com/spotifystatus

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Spotify Kundendienst-Team

@fjrbln 

Sorry, but it is not possible to change your username. You would have to make a new account.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can you help me to cause I MUST change my username

why do you need to reply to the email?

@SuperWisdom wrote:

Hello!

To solve this issue you will need to contact Spotify support, to do this, click here. After sending, you will get auto e-mail, reply to that e-mail (even if it says noreply) in its address, and someone will sort your problem out. 

(Though please note that on weekends replies will be slower)

Hey guys, so i've been dealing with this for a while now. The way I was able to do it is that the username used for the spotify community board can be used in the event that you do not log in with facebook. So I went to the My Settings page and the Personal Profile tab, and the username tab underneath that. There is an option to change username. I did that, logged in with that username and my facebook password and it worked like a charm.

Let me know if that works out for anybody else.

That's for changing community name, not Spotify account name. I don't think it is possible, else I'd change mine into something less embarrassing!

asd

yes use this i did it to

[moderator edit]

Check out my playlist if you wanna Rock the night away:
My ultimate Playlist

Having the same issue 

Suggested posts