Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more downloads at all?

No more downloads at all?

Hi there,

I recently bought a gift card which not seem to be able to redeem any more downloads, only premuim subscriptions.

Is this true and why was is this not clearly communicated? I'm stuck with a €30,- gift card for nothing as I already have a premium account. And can someone finally make clear to me why downloads are not available any more? I really dislike this as I'm not a fan of iTunes or other mainstream download-portals...

Sincerly,

Remco

3 Replies

Hey Remco 🙂 

Does the gift card state on it it can be used for Downloads? 

The downloads store was made not available sometime ago sadly, and there is currently no plan to reintroduce it.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back!

No, the card does not say it is redeemable for downloads but nore can you tell from it's cover. So once you're in the store, you just thjink this is a gift card like I have bought several times before. 

Any clue what to do because I'm already a premium user and the store won't take the card back? I'm sure the Spotify support crew can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerly,

Remco

You can still redeem the card for premium even with an active subscription it will just push back your next payment date by the corresponding number of months depending on the value of the gift card. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts