Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Solved!

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Hi there,

This is solution attempt number 5 and I'm starting to get rather pi**ed by now.

I've used Spotify for several years (with interruption), am am Premium subscriber (payment via Sofortdauerauftrag) and everything worked fine so far.

Last Friday, my account got downgraded to Spotify free. The monthly payment is due on every 24th (so today for next month), since it worked perfectly during the first weeks of the month, it is definitely not a faulty payment.

The only thing not working is Premium, hence I got advertisement and shuffle on mobile and cannot safe new music offline (however, older music is still present on my cellphone)

I already tried: reinstall on both mobile and desktop and multiple Log-off / log-in procedures. I opened a service request on Saturday ( # 01262760) and Sunday(# 01264751) since I only received that automatically generated mail telling me to try the FAQ's and thought I chose a wrong topic and the first one wasn't processed. I also tried to replying to the generated message as proposed in this thread, as of now, nothing lead to the slightest reaction from support. (The last time I had a problem, I got a solution within 15 minutes on a Saturday - too bad you changed that)

I know you do not guaranty any of your service in your legal terms, but since people have been successful with similar problems by ranting in the communities, let's give it a try.

Regards,

Chris

140 Replies

Sorry you've been waiting so long. You should hear something soon.

Hi there,

I've just chased this up for you and I can see that one of our advisors has responded to the email address you contacted us from. Have you still had no response? Please check your junk folder just to make sure it wasn't filtered out.
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hey,

as I mentioned before, I checked the junk/spam folder more than once and I didn't receive any email regarding this.

yes i did, and today customer service reached out to me, so heres what happened, i hope this helps some other people with the same issue:

i got in touch with a very friendly and competent customer service agent from germany, julia, and she explained that there occured somehow a malfunction with my SofortDauerauftrag payment. i think i got charged, but the money didnt transfer to spotify correctly. seems to be a problem with payment option dauerauftrag. however, because i already got charged ( i sent her a document of proof) she manually enabled my premium account and suggested to change my payment option to creditcard or paypal or the e-codes. it looks like the dauerauftrag wont be of any use as a direct payment option, instead one can buy the e-codes by sofortüberweisung and submit them. 

so to sum it up, i just had to change my payment option, because dauerauftrag wont be working anymore.

and i also want to share my joy of communicating with customer service, after the weekend was over (kind of makes sense) i got fast replies and julia was really commited to look for a solution and cleared all my questions very proficiently. so kudos on that to spotify and a big thank you to all guys from the community.

Well I'm ready to do somerhing similar but without instructions or a contact at all I can't. I got a commercial mail from spotify 2 days ago(asking me if I'm interested to go premium btw :p) so my address and all must be fine...

Hi there,

I have the same problem. My subscription is with Sofortdauerauftrag and has already been paid for this month. 

I tried contacting customer support twice but there was not even an automated reply, so I'm wondering what to do now. 

This feels really unprofessional right now. Some kind of compensation for the ads I've had to endure and the missing features would be greatly appreciated.

Please help!

Hi,

the same Problem for me. Subscription via Sofortdauerauftrag and paid for this month. No contact from support twice.

Please Spotify dont let me down, i really like your service. Please help me. 

Simon

Hey @Tobispotify ,

We've replied to your case. It should be waiting for you in your inbox.

Have a great day

What am I listening now? What am I listening to.

Check how Spotify is going. @SpotifyStatus

New to the Community? Just head over to Newbie Guide.

Hi Rafael,

I am very serious I did not receive an email from your team. Is it possible to communicate in another way? Like over another email adress I have or via messages in this forum? 

Thank you 

I'll just mention @Rafael so he sees this 🙂

Hum @Tobispotify 

Can you reply to us the case numbers to make sure that we're in the same track? It should start with # and some numbers.

@

I didn't even receive a case number/automated email until now..

Hey @Tobispotify ,

We've replied once again to your case.

It should be waiting for you in your inbox.

Again, no mail received...I got the feeling that you could send me 10 mails and I would not receive 1...

Same Problem here. Client since 20 months. Payment succesful ( with Sofortdauerauftrag) every month and now my premium is away since 7 days. I wrote 2 emails to the german service but no reply. I hope you can help me

@HeadHunter221 Did you receive an automated email back from spotify? Is your correct email address shown on this page?

No mail back. Searched for it everywhere. Tried it now again a third time.

I have the same problem, support does not answer (not even got the automatic reply although email-address is correct).

And I'm getting slightly pissed off -.-

I have the exact same issue as mentioned by OP. I used the form to get in contact with the support but I havent received anything back......

Any news in my case?  Im quite disappointed about the customer support I must say. You guys in here are smart and want to help and i appreciate it but the situation overall is akward...  

Spotify can't be serious not to be able to contact a customer. (I opened another ticket from another mail adress and didn't get anything back there too)

Since you don't offer support via phone you gotta find another way contacting me or tell me in here what to do, I don't care as long as this problem is gone.

It's close to a week now and im thinking about cancelling my subscription and find another music streaming service...

Suggested posts