Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not letting me log in.

Spotify not letting me log in.

I clicked login to Facebook like I do everyday and it says my email does not exist. I have over 450 Saved songs and have been a premium member for 6 months why am I being randomly booted.

I tried to res-signup using my facebook but when I click that is says that my email is already associated with spotify, but when I type my email in after I click forgot password, it says my email doesn't exist with an active spotify account. What do I do.

This is not my original account because I couldn't sign in to post the stupid question the email on my existing account is [EDIT- removed email].

20 Replies

What happens if you enter your Facebook details directly into the login boxes rather than using the Facebook button?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When I do that it just says incorrect email/password but I know it's not

Hey there and welcome to the community!

I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/ They can look into it and see what's going on. In the worst case someone hacked your account and changed the email, which is why I'm mentioning the anonymous contact form. Please be as specific as you can with birthdate, ZIP code and maybe even receipts.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

PS: Don't worry, I'm sure the customer service can fix it and in case someone deleted your playlists they can restore them too 🙂

I'm having the same issue and have not heard back in two days from customer support !

Did you receive a case number @Frankierufo ? If yes, please post it here and we can escalate the case for you.

If not, you need to reply to the automated mail that you've received.

Yes I have it's 02076443. Thank you so much. I've responded and reached out via email over 6 times in the past two days and stopped getting a response yesterday morning.

@carina

hey @blake can you please escalate the case? 🙂

Carina my Case number is 02074466 can you escalate my case to please

@Carina

It has been 2 days for me also

@kbrooksc can you please escalate the two cases mentioned in this thread? Since @blake seems to be idle 😉

@Carina , I just escalated this and referenced both case #'s. Hoping for a speedy resolution!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hey @Whyspotifywhy1 & @Frankierufo 

It looks like both of your cases are already with the right team.

We'll get things sorted via email 🙂 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

@greg I a sent you a private message to inform you what's going on please give it a look.

@Carina wrote:

@kbrooksc can you please escalate the two cases mentioned in this thread? Since @blake seems to be idle 😉

I sure was! Glad these issues have been directed to the right people. 🙂

I am having similar problems...I received an email message 3 days ago stating the following: "We recently received a chargeback from your payment provider, relating to a payment for your Spotify account.The funds have automatically been credited back to your payment account and, as a result, we’ve disabled your Spotify account." I spoke with my bank and there has been no chargeback done. I would be happy to re-enter my payment information but I cannot even log into my account! I've tried to contact customer service but have not gotten any response. I've been a paying customer for a premium account for over a year. Please help! Spotify Case # 02073188

Reply directly to the automated email that contains your case number @ccowmead and that will ensure your case reaches the correct team asap.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter (International Sensation)! The automated email is listed as a no-reply email...can I still reply?

Suggested posts