Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Facebook account to Spotify account

Solved!

Switching from Facebook account to Spotify account

Hi everyone, here's my situation:

I am a Spotify Premium user and my account is logged via Facebook. For personal reasons, I am strongly considering deactivating my Facebook account and would like to know what will be of my Spotify account, playlists and saved music. Since I mainly use Spotify on my iPhone, I have many playlists and albums "available offline", so they are saved on my phone. I have read that there is currently no way of transferring all the music from a Facebook-linked account onto an account that uses only email. What I'd like to know is:

If I create a new account (obviously without Facebook login), will the music that is currently saved on my phone from my old account remain saved, or will it be deleted as soon as I switch account? If so, is there a way of "backing up" this music and getting it back on the new account without having to re-download all of it manually? It has taken me quite a lot of time to download all the music I have saved using wi-fi, so it would be quite a pain to have to do it all again. 

I live in Italy and my Premium subscription is done with your partners Vodafone. If I create a new account, should I simply contact Vodafone and ask them to switch my payment method and details onto my new account? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there and welcome to the community! I'll break the answers into a few parts:

1) The old account will not be affected by you creating a new account.

2) You will need to keep your facebook account active while setting up your new account so you can still log in and see what music you want to transfer.

3) Unfortunately, there is no manual way to back up the account. You are welcome to ask the account management team here, if they can assist with a port-over of your account.

4) Yes, simply contact Vodafone and give them the new account details for them to switch the payment method.

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there and welcome to the community! I'll break the answers into a few parts:

1) The old account will not be affected by you creating a new account.

2) You will need to keep your facebook account active while setting up your new account so you can still log in and see what music you want to transfer.

3) Unfortunately, there is no manual way to back up the account. You are welcome to ask the account management team here, if they can assist with a port-over of your account.

4) Yes, simply contact Vodafone and give them the new account details for them to switch the payment method.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Once I've created my new account I'll see if the account management team can help me out.

Hi! I have the same problem, but I don´t know what can I do.

How can contact to the support team?

Regards!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, I am a little suprised to see you recommending anyone getting in touch with the customer service team directly. I have been trying this for some time and, while I get the automated reply summarising what my query is, I do not get a useable reply back from customer services. It may be that I am doing something wrong, in which case I apologise. But I have never come across a less user friendly interface that the one in use here for getting customer service. My query is a very basic one, but nobody in that team appears to be willing, or as the case may be, able to take ownership of it and provide an answer. The query is this. I am unable to log onto my Spotify Premium account on my ipod. One cut and paste answer I got was to log on using Facebook. I do not use Facebook. I do not care for the way that that company has decided it can handle, share and use its user's data. So I want to log on using Spotify (not Facebook) as I pay my subscription to Spotify. But it is proving to be an (extremely steep) uphill task to get an answer out of customer services to enable me to do this. I am sure that if I could speak to someone on the phone I could be sorted out in five minutes or less. But it seems that Spotify are not in the business of quick and simple sorting when it comes to customer service.  Sorry to hi-jack this thread which is primarily about something else, but it is related to what the primary query in the thread is, and I am just surprised to see you recommending these channels which (for me, so far) self evidently are worse than usless. Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Are you saying that you can't log into spotify on your ipod or that it logs in but takes you to a different (non-premium) account?

Does this page show that you have an active premium (not unlimited) subscription and is the username shown there the same as the one you are logging in with?

Probably the quickest way to get this sorted is to keep the emails to spotify going but we can check a couple of things here while you wait @paulp .

I apologise. I have not phrased my issue as clearly as I should have. It just the frustration of surrounding anything to do with Spofify .....

I am saying that I cannot lot in on my ipod. The result I get when I try is that I remain on the log in screen unlogged in, with a rejected log in attempt. The software does not take me to any other account or screen.

This page here shoes that I have an active Spotify Premium account and the username shown here is the one that I use to attempt logging into my ipod. I should say for the sake of completeness that it is very happy to let me log into my desktop. It is just on my ipod that I encounter the problem of being locked out.

Re: continuing to send emails to Spotify, having asked for your advice I will take it, and do as you say, but I have stopped holding my breath on waiting for a reply a long time ago. 

Very grateful for any pointers that you or others can give me to move forward with this.

Paulp

Thanks for clarifying and for guessing the link I forgot to add 🙂

I'm pretty sure they'll fix this for you but I'd suggest reinstalling spotify on your ipod and trying to log in again with your username and password. Follow the steps in this FAQ (iphone tab).

Actaully, as it happens, that is the one thing that I have not tried. Will attempt a re-install forthwith as per FAQ steps. Thanks so much. P

Hello.

Can you help me to get the right facebook account to my spotify,

I have allready tried to disconnet the facebook account but it doesent work. i have allso changes email adress to facebook and spotify so its the same email adress.

Every time im login to spotify it somebody ells thats shows in the profil but its my settings and it dosent goes awy.

the disconnnet every wher buttom dont work to reset .. cus when im login afther that it still somebody ells facebook account .

I`ll allso tried to login to spotify by facebook, the thing is that im not coming to my account at all cus Spotify is opening a hole new account.

How do I not log in through Facebook and just log into spotify?

Hey there @jmarks0024 and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, if you created your account with Facebook, then you will not be able to log in without facebook. You'd have to create a new account and have Spotify's support team copy over your playlists. 

How can I create a new account to login to spotify without using facebook? I originally created the account with facebook. I now receive a message that the emai I use is already associated with an account.

You would need to either reach out to Spotify Support to have them remove that account or create it with a separate email address. 

When should I expect that Spotify support would actually respond to such a request? 

Suggested posts