Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country from USA to Canada

Solved!

Unable to change country from USA to Canada

My account is set to USA and I would like to be change it to Canada, as I am no longer in the USA. I am unable to use Spotify now as the 14 days abroad have expired. On my profile page, the country list is greyed out and it does not let me change it. How can I change my country to Canada so I can use spotify again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

go into your facebook account and make sure that your country is listed as Canada. This should carry over into Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Did you sign up through facebook? If so, you have to change this on your facebook account.

I did sign up through Facebook, and I'm located in a Canadian city in Facebook. Could you elaborate possibly on what I need to do?

Marked as solution

go into your facebook account and make sure that your country is listed as Canada. This should carry over into Spotify.

Thank you! I didn't have a home city in my profile. Once I set it to my Canadian cityk, spotify automatically changed. 

Glad I could help!

I downloaded the app in US during my vacation, 3 weeks ago. Now I'm back in Brazil and I cannot conect because the app says that I can only use the app outside of my country for 14 days. In my facebook acount my home localation is already sao paulo brazil, since de beginning. What can I do to conect my account?

Hi,

Hoping to get help on the following:
1. I set up my account while I was in the US and now I am back in Canada. I can't seem to use Spotify because it thinks I am abroad (14 day period expired). I didn't sign up through Facebook. I reached out for help (Spotify Support Case # 03063213) and followed the instructions provided, but have been unsuccessful. When I try changing the country in my profile the only country option i am given is the US; nothing else comes up. How do I fix this
2. I split time my travelling between Canada and the US - Will I be able to use Spotify in either of the countries using the same account? Or do I have to set up one account for each country?

Any help would be appreciated!

Suggested posts