Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Verified as a student but still not eligible

Verified as a student but still not eligible

I recently upgraded to the Spotify Premium account and after hearing about the student discount I tried to register for that. However, Spotify insists that I am not eligible even though I was verified with the SheerID thing. I am enrolled at the University of the Incarnate Word in Texas but I am currently in Greece. I was thinking this might be the reason why it's not working, either way I'm a verified student and I would like to access the discount.

I'm not sure how this community thing works but after spending an hour trying to find a way to contact some kind of customer service and failing, I have resorted to this. Hopefully someone can help and also direct me to a phone number or email so that I might complain about the lack of customer service.

Thank you for your consideration,

Clare 

4 Replies

Your Spotify account and payment method need to be registered in the US to be eligable for the discount.

Could you just confirm?:
- Your country is set to USA on your online profile:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/
- You are paying using a USA registered payment method

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I double checked and both my profile and payment method are set to USA.

It is possible the system is detecting your IP address is not in the USA. I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can assist you further with this. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I will tweet them now!

Thank you for your help! 

Suggested posts