Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

90's Radio - Weird songs coming up and stops after 4 songs.

90's Radio - Weird songs coming up and stops after 4 songs.

Hi, I've been using Spotify for about 2 weeks now daily instead of Pandora (which I used previously) and about 3 days ago I started getting weird behavior.

I noticed the problem FIRST started after I logged into Spotify for my Windows 7 PC. I never had the problem before this. Coincidence? Maybe.

Afterwards, my preferred radio station is "90's" and over the last 2 weeks of thumbs up/thumbs down I've really tailored the station to what I like - 90's grunge, alternative, rock, etc. Not so much pop, hip-hop, or rap.  So, while the last 2 weeks were great songs I like - Nirvana, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, Gin Blossoms, Incubus, etc. - over the course of the last 3 days I've started to get people like Big Pun, Puff Daddy, Madonna, Notorious BIG, Mariah Carey, etc. Other hip hop and top 40 hits I really hadn't heard in my previous 2 weeks with the station.

So that's one problem.

My other problem is that after about 4 songs, most of which I skip because they're the songs I'm not really interested in hearing like those listed above, it "freezes" and kicks me out to the radio main menu to pick a station. If I pick the 90's station again, it will show me the last song I've played in it's entirety minus 1 second from the end, wait about 5 seconds, and kick back to the main menu again.

This continues after a reboot, force quit the app, etc. 

This only affects the 90's radio station. I was listening to an Oasis station and an Alternative station without any problem. Go back to the 90's station and it locks up again.

Thoughts, ideas? Kind of frustrated, will probably go back to Pandora if we can't get this worked out. I enjoyed the Spotify experience better so far so I'd like to get this fixed.

4 Replies

For what it's worth -

I was able to fix the freezing issue by logging out of Spotify on ALL of my devices: iPhone, iPad, and Computer.

I then restarted all of the devices, and when I logged back into Spotify on my iPhone, my 90's station worked.

But, I am still getting some weird songs. 

Hi,

Have you tried a Clean reinstallation of Spotify? That should refresh the radio and maybe fix the bug (which is probably just a slight glitch with that particular station).

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I can do that now, I have a few hours to kill while I clean the house.

Spotify radio is far from perfect. I'd try creating a playlist of 250 tracks which represent the genre I like then create a radio station based on that. Might give better results although you'll still get repeats and thumbs not having as much effect as you would wish.

Suggested posts