Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No album art on iOS iPhone 6

No album art on iOS iPhone 6

Alright, so here's the problem. I do see thumbnails of album art, but I don't get get album art when I switch to the page of the current song that's playing. However, it does show up in Radio mode. The only time when its doesn't function is when I play a saved song. Can anyone help?

21 Replies

I'm having the same problem or at least something similar to this.

I have reported it so Spotify can look into it 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here. No album art on iPad Mini running the latest Spotify V1.9.0.2744 on iOS 8.1(12B410).

Thx.

I've pretty much found out how to this issue comes into play. The app basically fails to load the large album art once you activate offline mode. Any songs that are stored for offline mode will not have their album covers. Once you take the songs off offline mode, the album art will refresh and load again. My guess is that once a song is downloaded for offline mode, it will no longer refresh to reacquire the album art. You see, the app only stores up to three large album photos at a time, so it has to refresh to acquire a new picture. Either make it so the app downloads and stores the album art for downloaded songs, or have those songs refresh their album art even while they're downloaded.

Yeah, that's what I included in my bug report after I did some fiddling with it. But for me it only happens to some tracks that I have downloaded for offline, not all of them.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I thought so as well, but the album art for those tracks will disappear once you reboot the app. At least, that's what happened to me. 

Very strange... there's been several album art bugs over the past few months.

I'm just hoping they can finally fix them because it's really annoying. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey guys, thanks for reporting this in the Community. 

I've let the right folks know and I will post here as soon as they give me an update, thanks!

Even i am having the same problem any new songs which where made available offline via exisiting playlist did not have cover art, to fix this i completley did a frsh install now none of my songs have cover in offline mode but when i switch online mode covers are back

I have the same exact issue. For music synced in "Your Music" I have no album artwork on iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) and iPad mini w/retina display (iOS 8.1). However, for playlists the artwork displays as expected.

Same issue. Pretty annoying especially when you are playing songs in a car, I'd rather look at album art than read text.

I just got the v2.0 update and things got even worse! My album covers used to show up when i was connected to Wi-fi/lte now even though its connected it does not show..

Who quality checks these darn updates?

I have this problem too. I run ios 7.1.2 on Iphone 4 and Spotify 2.0.0.1643. When does an update come?

This should be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem, no cover art for synct playlist it tracks..

Same here. Small album art shows. But large artwork does not show. Seems to just not even attempt to download it. Whether streaming or playing offline. Premium user too if that helps. Using a iPhone 5s iOS 8.1

Any update Meredith?

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for reporting this in the Community. 

I've let the right folks know and I will post here as soon as they give me an update, thanks!

Hi. Is there any update on this? I read this entire thread which started back in 2012. Come on, it shouldn't take that long to fix this issue. I'm on IOS 8.1.1 running 2.0.01643 now on an iPhone6Plus. I want to see the artwork when I go into full screen mode for a song but can't.

This problem is still occurring. Just happened to me and there is nothing I can do to fix it. I have an iphone 6 and am up to date on updates. Please fix this or find solution, its very argrivating. Thanks Spotify

I hav the same issue. iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, Spotify v 2.0.0.1643.

Suggested posts