Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back Playlist radio

Radio is only available for artists and albums but not for playlists.

Updated on 2023-07-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
yohss

Why was this removed, I used it daily and it was one of the best features of Spotify to discover new similar music.

aquaticmus

Making a radio based off of a playlist of songs that I got a specific vibe out of and getting tons of more songs that had the same vibe was one of two things that are the reason why I use spotify, the other reason being spotify has better cross-device playback functionality than some other services. Unless this feature gets brought back, I'm one step closer to transferring my playlists to another streaming service

downpouur

been keeping this bookmarked so i can periodically check on it, see if spotify has given any response whatsoever. just on the off chance.

today i got curious and decided to check the main “ideas” page. wanted to see how outrageous the contrast was between whatever new ideas are popular/trending and this months old idea with over 2k votes. when i scrolled through, this idea wasn’t even visible. 

maybe it’s visible for others, but i really doubt it. i think spotify wants to bury this idea and ignore us until we all suck it up and move on. but, the thing is, the votes here are STILL steadily increasing. people are STILL missing playlist radio. missing it enough to google it, find this and/or the forum post where they announced the removal of playlist radio. missing it enough to make a stupid account on spotify’s stupid forums, just to vote here or voice their complaints. 

to any good company who actually cares about their customers, that amount of feedback might mean something. but it clearly doesn’t matter to spotify.

all of my optimism has died. the comments of these forum posts clearly make no difference. we’re all just attending a support group. 

Geir_

WHY remove something that just works, is beyond my comprehension!

After Spotify removed this functionality, I have switched to Youtube music and listens to this daily, just because of this change. And if I have done so, I bet there is a number of others aswell.

Hungrybearzilla

Anyone have any idea on how to extract library information? Playlist, songs, etc etc.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in here but the thread has gotten quite large

Hungrybearzilla

Lol they finally got back to me on X and essentially said 'we're aware, sorry you feel that way- here's how you can get you music information to go to another streaming service plantform.'

They also suggested me to make a poll about it...

Anyway, they sent me to a page that said:

You can get a ZIP file with a copy of your personal data by using the automated Download your data tool on the Privacy Settings section of your account page or by contacting us.

This is from Spotify Cares

wayfaringrob

I thought I was missing something. This feature is sorely missed.

Sylis_ca

Come ooonn I use this feature all the time and it just disappeared from my phone again 🙄

Simmage

This was the best way for me to find new songs I like. Why would you remove it? 

YeezyBeaver

This is one of the features that I loved that other apps lack! This absolutely has to be added back. I have no idea why they removed it. PLEASE everyone wants this option back!!!!.