Premium

Country

NL

Device

S21, Iphone 13 mini, Windows 11 Desktop, Volumio player or other connect device

Operating System

Android, iOS, Windows 11, Spotify Connect

My Question or Issue

There are multiple issues using Spotify Connect.

1. When we have connected to a device via Spotify Connect, you are able to join on that device by starting a "Jam". After that, we are able to play, pause, forward, adjust volume etc. However, it is suddenly impossible to add songs to the queue from all devices. If I try, I am bounced of the "Jam" and reconnecting just halts play on the device. 

2. Often, the connect player is playing from the playlist. But, the progress bar remains at 0:00 and the queue is not visible anymore. Let alone being able to adjust it. 

It is a rather unpleasent experience, is this familiar to anyone?

3 Replies

Hey there @LinkeLoutje,

Thanks for reaching out!

We've tested this on our end, however, we were unable to replicate it. Could you try starting the Jam from a different device to see if it makes any difference? Does it happens with specific playlists or podcast episodes?

Also, are you all, that's in the Jam, connected to the same network? If so, try restarting the router or change to another network to check if the same thing happens.

Let us know how it goes!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply. I have found out that somehow adding songs to any queue (not even in a jam) and reordering the queue does not work anymore. This goes for the Android app version 8.9.4.304 and the iOS app (version currently unknown).

There is no specific playlist involved. I do not listen to podcasts, thus have not tried those. If we are using the Jam, we are connected to the same network. I have restarted the router, however if we are not on the network we are not able to reach the connected player.

Thanks!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @LinkeLoutje,

It seems like there's a new version of the app available. Could you try updating it by following the steps on this page?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us some more info on what's happening from your end? You mention you're having issues adding songs to the queue when not in a Jam, are you receiving any error messages when you're trying to queue songs? Are you connected to a Bluetooth device when this happens, or does it also occur when you're listening directly from the phone?

Feel free to send us a video or screenshot showing how things look from your end, while being in a Jam and when using the queue outside of it. Should the files be too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us as unlisted YouTube videos or via Google Drive.

Keep us posted!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts