Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I change the order of podcasts on Garmin watches?

How can I change the order of podcasts on Garmin watches?

I often listen to podcasts on my Garmin Forerunner 955. However, the order in which they are displayed on the watch when I want to download a new episode is quite random. There are podcasts in the list to which I am not even subscribed. Does somebody know how to change this order so they are displayed in a more convenient way?
6 Replies

Hi there @Kit007,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on the Garmin watch?
  • When did this start happening? Did it coincide with an update to the app or the device?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan,

• For me the problem only occurs on the Garmin watch. I think it takes the order of podcasts as displayed on the homepage of my Spotify, after filtering for Podcasts. I believe there it shows some podcasts that I recently listened too, also podcasts that I never subscribed to. 
  • I am not exactly sure when this started, but my estimate is that it started about 1-2 months ago. Since I automatically update I am not sure if it coincided with an update. 
  • I have included a screenshot with the list of podcasts in my Spotify app. I have not subscribed to "I'm just pete", "De mediameiden", "De erfenis van Engel" and "De Oranjewinter". Yet they are still listed. 

Screenshot 2024-04-17 085555.png

For some of my podcasts, when I try to update them on the watch, they are sorted from oldest first. I have to scroll far too long to get to the latest episode and it often times out 7 fails.
I have tried sorting them differently on my phone to see if that changes it.
I've also tried removing and re-installing the app from my phone but the issue remains.

Hey @Kit007,

Thanks for getting back to us!

On our end when looking at how this functions we saw that it indeed on Garmin when filtering for Podcasts it displays the Home page and its list. At the moment it's not possible to arrange contents on your home screen so we would suggest taking a look at this idea we have in our Ideas board and interacting if you like it. With enough votes this can be further looked into. 

Cheers.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Martin,

Thanks for at least clearing that up for me. I can actually live with my homepage currently showing irrelevant stuff, but it bothers me that my Garmin shows me that too. Could you tell me if that is a bug on Garmin's side? Or is it Spotify that implemented this as it currently is? 

Hey there @Kit007,

Thanks for the reply!

We are working together with Garmin on developing the app, so we appreciate your feedback on this. You can also post this as an Idea here and create one that's specifically for Garmin. This way, other users that enjoys this suggestion can leave their vote and show their support as well.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

If you need anything else, we're just a post away.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts