Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist duplicates

Playlist duplicates

There is a glitch with the current Spotify. Every year me and my husband have a combined playlist. Historically if one of us went to add an identical song that the other had already added, it would warn you you are adding a duplicate.
Now it doesn’t do that so we keep inadvertently adding the same songs to the playlist. But when we realise, if one of us deletes the duplicate it will delete both versions so that the song isn’t on the playlist anymore.

Very frustrating as our playlist has lots of repeats and if we want to just make it one version, we have to delete and then re-add.

Can this be looked at/resolved?

We have separate Spotify accounts and use separate up to date iPhones.

4 Replies

Hey @Babydoctor1982,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

I tested this from my end and couldn't replicate the behavior you mention when deleting the songs. We'd recommend making sure that the app is up to date on both phones by performing a clean reinstall

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a video or a screen recording where we can see exactly what's happening? You can attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor or send a Google Drive link with the relevant permissions. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What about the key issue, when 2 separate people add the exact same song to a playlist - there is no warning and so the playlist ends up with the same song twice (for multiple different songs in the case of me and my husband’s yearly playlist). If this duplication issue was resolved, then the deleting issue wouldn’t actually be an issue, as we wouldn’t have duplicates in the first place

Hey @Babydoctor1982,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, let us know the following info:

- Your device info (make/model) and OS version

- Exact Spotify version

Also, and if possible; could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10,etc

My Question or Issue

I used to get alerted when accidentally adding duplicate songs to a playlist and suddenly I am not. I did not (knowingly) turn off this notification but regardless cannot figure out how to turn it back on. i.e. I want to be alerted again. 

Suggested posts