Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I disable all videos and canvases for my child in our Family premium?

Solved!

Can I disable all videos and canvases for my child in our Family premium?

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue:

Our child is using Spotify on our Family premium. We would like for her to be able to listen to music while we do not want her constantly watching screen (i.e podcast videos). Just going in on her device and clicking canvas and podcast videos Off from her own profile won't do, because she knows how to click them back. Also doing that, the videos would only be off when she is not connected to WiFi, which she usually is. Many of her favourite artists are not on Spotify kids, so that is not a good option, because if I understand correctly, I would have to create playlists and share them to her inorder for her to listen to those songs.

Is there any way for me to control her videowatching from our Family premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Anni93 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there's currently no way for you to prevent her from enabling again. I would've suggested using Spotify Kids instead, but that's currently not available in Finland.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Anni93 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there's currently no way for you to prevent her from enabling again. I would've suggested using Spotify Kids instead, but that's currently not available in Finland.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I dont want them to use spotify to watch music videos

Have the same issue. It seems like Spotify hates families and kids, and won't disable videos. It really sucks. I'd look for another service

Suggested posts