Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Back to basics please

Back to basics please

I don't know Spotify anymore. It has become so unrecognizable in the last few months. Spotify assumes that every change in the user interface is a good one. But let me tell you, imo these are all steps backwards and they're getting bigger all the time.

Where I used to rely on quickly adding a song to a playlist or removing it with a simple click. I now have to click three or four times to get it right or undo something.

Then there are the video's. Completely unnecessary imo (we have so many other apps for that), but ok.

Then the annoying "this artist is performing near your town soon" popups. Personally, I find this a slap in the face for a paid application. I do not need to see adverts or have loads of merch of an artist in my face every time. I do not want your t-shirt! Fine for those who do want it, but I need to be able to TURN THIS OFF if I do not want to be bothered with this. But no.... Spotify needs to put it in your face because of contract obligations. That's just lazy, money-hungry, over our backs, contract negotiations.

I used to be able to click the cover of a playing song to see the album. Now it's a split screen with all sorts of info I do not want to see. It's so distracting and it does not even always take me to where I want to go. I need to be able to turn this on or off please.

The app is getting bigger and bigger and filled to the brim with stuff I don't need for an app that just needs to find the music I like and let's me listen to it. It would be a good thing to tame this monster you've created and turn it back to the wonderful pearl that it was.

In short: Spotify used to be about the music and your listening convenience with excellent usability... now it's not anymore and just about everything else

1 Reply

Sounds like you’ve got some good material for a sad song. Use the blues and turn it into good news!

Suggested posts