Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horrible New UI

Horrible New UI

IMG_5925.jpeg

I would like to take a moment and discuss this atrocious new player UI that my phone is now cursed with.

1.) The Home/Search/Your Library/Premium (for free users) no longer appear in the player window. In order to see them, you must tap (READ: Not hold down and slide) the top of the screen.

2.) The title of the song and the artist(s) are now shifted to the left, and the heart (now replaced with an "add to playlist button", although that was there for quite a while now) and "hide from playlist" button are now shifted to the right and enlargened.

3.) Just now noticed that the edges of the player screen and the album cover are now rounded, when in the past these had straight edges. What is up with modern tech graphic designs and their hatred of straight lines?

4.) This abomination:

IMG_5924.jpeg

Why am I now suddenly a "Main Character"? To what story? What's with the three cats? The rainbow lights? The disco ball? Clicking this mess accesses mixes made just for you, which I find all the time scrolling down the home feed. And yet, if Spotify really were all about me, then the homepage would not be littered with podcasts, advertisements, playlists antithetical to my tastes!

Spotify's logic (in theory) :

Eclipse_31_0-1687305745649.jpeg

Spotify's logic (on paper) :

Eclipse_31_1-1687305895349.jpeg

4 Replies

LOL it is a little silly i can agree. However the contents within the main character widget is quite enjoyable. It would be kinda cool to see spotify integrate some more customizability when it comes to interface tho... color schemes, topics, maybe even a photo choice for the main character widget 🤔 

yeah i hate it. our eyes naturally go to the middle of the screen so why should the playlist name be shifted? i just despise when they make pointless graphic changes like this

No one asked for this. Looks like change just for the sake of change xD

I had it for a week and then it disappeared.

Suggested posts