Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Toeuptony

Hi, 

I just want to add my name to this list.

I used to pay for the premium service but I have downgraded my subscription to the free service due to this ridiculous limitation. 

kirkmadera
The "Your Music" feature is really useful to me because I use Spotify while driving often. I find myself saving artist and then having to go to the artist page and sift through a bunch of albums to find what I want. I prefer listening to entire albums. Adding the ability to save full albums rather then individual songs might help with the technical limitation. I'd be happy at least for the foreseeable future to be able to save 10k albums.
Refrenz

I hit this limit when adding a couple of dozen albums to my library this evening.

A limit on the songs we can save? On a premium account? Really? And the issue was flagged up months and months ago? And it's still not been fixed?

I'm tempted not to renew next month - sort it out Spotify or I'm off to Google Music.

mpw204

I hate to say this, but I will be leaving Spotify next month if this limit and any limit to the number of Artists or Albums are not removed. I like to choose Songs under My Music and just shuffle. Now Spotify is no longer allowing me to add more albums/songs to My Music. I do not plan on going through my library and deleting songs just to add new ones. I have paid $10 a month for Spotify since February 2012, and December 2014 will be the last time I pay for this subscription unless something changes.

I'd rather my money go to Rdio, Google, or Beats/Apple if Spotify is willing to allow this issue to be outstanding for so long.

simonkval1

I am a Spotify Premium user and think it is unfair to pay good money and have a cap put on albums you can save. Please do something about this. surely this is why we pay.

danielandrews

+1.  Love Spotify but this just seems crazy.  10,000 sounds like a big number until you realize how that number is computed.  I'm not a hoarder by any means but I hit the limit pretty quickly.

gaz8080

Reached the 10,000 song limit now. So what do I do? No more new music for me. Anyone have any info on why the limit even exists?

?

Samurai-owl

Things like this are the only reasons why people like me, who absolutely love the spotify service, might be inclined to take our business elsewhere. Change it before we leave you spotify!

omen_00

This limit is ridiculous!

SubzeroSC

Omg is there really a limit? I should have never thought that anyone in their right mind would add a limit to a collection of music. This is very disappointing and now I am again considering moving to Google Play Music as they not only allow you to have any count of music in "Your library" but also let you upload your own 20 000 songs to their servers. Also the fact that there is no way to see how many songs I actually have (I logged a feature request for this months ago here) makes having a limit on a collection that I don't know how occupied is is lets just say stupid design.

Spotify consider improving the "Your music" feature because for many many users it is the only thing that matters. People like to have a feeling that their stuff is organized and added to a secure place, having a limit on what I add to "My music collection" kills the point of actually making that collection. 

If the "Not right now" status is not changed in the next month or two you will have one less premium subscriber.