Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo/Family plan upgrade campaign issue

Solved!

Duo/Family plan upgrade campaign issue

I am an existing Duo customer, and this evening I got an email from Spotify saying : “ Try Family for the next 2 months (at no extra cost) and go from 2 to 3 or more Premium accounts under one plan.”
When I select to accept the offer and upgrade to Family it says : “ Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium.”

Any ideas?

Update :

I contacted support and they gave me several things to try, however nothing is working.

Even on a separate PC it still fails to acknowledge eligibility.

• Logged out/in of my account.
  • Tried via mobile data (5G).
  • Software restart of handset (iOS).
  • Both multi version of iOS (17.0.3) and Spotify client (8.8.78.670) are of the most latest release.

Seems more like an issue from their campaign management side more than anything local.

Spotifail.png
Top Answer
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

As @JoeFoSho mentioned previously, we can confirm that the right teams are aware of this happening and they're currently looking into it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon 🙂 

Thanks for your patience!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi All,

Just for awareness this evening I received an new email with the same offer, upon clicking the embedded link it has now correctly brought me through the account upgrade process.

Issue resolved!

annoyingly I am out of the country at the moment so need to wait till I return before I can readd my wife and daughter to the family plan.

Thanks to all for flagging this issue promptly to the right teams.

support appreciated.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hey @JoeFoSho,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting you've tried.

As a next step, can you please try using this link?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MihailY,

Thanks for your reply.

I can open that link and it brings me to the place where I can change to the Premium Family, but unfortunately thats not the issue. The problem is the campaign I was sent offers me to move to the Family Plan for the same price as my Duo for 2 months, but here the price of the plan remains at its usual €17.99 PM.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that, but I was always able to go in and manually select Family plan, it just does not include the correct pricing as per the offer in the email 🙂

Screenshot attached.

spotify.png
Offer.png

I’m having the exact same issue. What’s the point of sending out these emails if you can’t then access the deal they are offering. I am seriously considering moving to family and this deal was the push that I needed however now not so sure 😔

Am having the same problem, please let us know when there is a fix available as would like to try family. Thanks

I made the mistake of mentioning it to my daughter before attempting to upgrade my plan, and now she’s wrecking my head looking for her premium account..

i hope Spotify fix it sooner rather than later..

Update:

“Thanks for writing back and providing the details we've requested.

We appreciate your cooperation with us in following the troubleshooting steps we've requested. We’re aware of the issue and our teams are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

We suggest keeping automatic updates switched on so you get the fix when it’s ready: https://support.spotify.com/article/updating-spotify/

Hey folks, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

As @JoeFoSho mentioned previously, we can confirm that the right teams are aware of this happening and they're currently looking into it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon 🙂 

Thanks for your patience!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there,

is there any update on this?

The offer expires in 8 days time 😞

Thanks

Joe

I received an email stating: Get 2 months of Family at your current price

When I click on the link I get to the plan page and there is a message:

"Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium."

The email said I had until 30th October to activate my discount.

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro

Hi there!

A Spotify moderator has just announced that they are "aware that right now there are some issues with trying to subscribe for Premium plans or joining any group plans like Family or Duo", and that they are "looking into this".

Here's my previous reply, before Spotify announced that they are aware of an issue:

Spoiler

According to the terms and conditions of the trial:

In order to be eligible for a Trial, users must satisfy all of the following conditions (each an "Eligible User"):

1. Unless you are subscribing to a Trial that is advertised as available to past subscribers, you must be a new subscriber to any and all Paid Subscriptions and not have subscribed to, or accepted a trial of, a Paid Subscription at any time in the past.

2. If you are subscribing to a Trial that is advertised as available to past subscribers, you must have been a subscriber to the relevant Paid Subscription (as advertised) and your subscription must have expired before the date or time frame advertised.

3. In respect of Trials for a Household Paid Subscription and a Student-user Paid Subscription: the additional eligibility requirements set out in sections 2.2 and 2.3 respectively above shall apply.

4. Unless otherwise advertised, you must provide Spotify with a valid and current payment method that is approved by Spotify (prepaid cards and Spotify gift cards are not valid forms of payment).

5. Unless otherwise advertised, you must provide the payment method above directly to Spotify and not through a third party (e.g., not through a cable or telecommunications provider or other distributor).

6. Additional eligibility requirements (if any) as advertised from time-to-time in connection with a Trial.

Usually, in my experience, '1.' is the most common issue, of already using a trial in the paste (Whether for Family or any other form of Premium)

Hope that helps. If you've got any other questions, just ask!

Sam

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I received an email offering two months of Duo for free.  Today is my billing date (Nov 22, 2023), per my account page.  I'm trying to upgrade to Duo, but it says:

Starting Today:  $10.99 + tax / month for 2 months

Starting Jan 13, 2024:  $14.99 + tax / month

• Normal price is $14.99 + tax / month

• You will next be billed on Nov 13, 2023

Why does it say I'm going to be charged a week ago?
Why am I not getting a full month of Premium when I'm paying for a full month?
Why am I not getting 2 months of Duo for free when I'm offered 2 months?

error
Kan abonnement niet wijzigen. Mogelijk komt dit doordat je niet in aanmerking komt voor dit abonnement, omdat je dit abonnement al hebt, of omdat je geen opgeslagen betaalmethode hebt.

I am having a similar issue but I’m not getting any message to say I’m not eligible but next payment is set as October so how am I getting the 2 months at no extra cost?

In this case, it's a direct email I've received, referencing my current account

Just received another email with the same offer! And it still doesn't work 😞

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I received a promotional email saying I can avail of 2 months Spotify duo at no extra cost but when I click the link I get no option. It says this plan is not available to me. I want to try it out but this feels like dodgy marketing.

Still doesn't seem to be working, despite the message linked above

Marked as solution

Hi All,

Just for awareness this evening I received an new email with the same offer, upon clicking the embedded link it has now correctly brought me through the account upgrade process.

Issue resolved!

annoyingly I am out of the country at the moment so need to wait till I return before I can readd my wife and daughter to the family plan.

Thanks to all for flagging this issue promptly to the right teams.

support appreciated.

I'm having a very similiar issue trying to take advantage of that same offer, haven't found the answer yet.. Good luck!!

Suggested posts