Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blockera podd

Blockera podd

Jag blir påtvingad av er en podd som jag inte vill lyssna på igen.
Men hela jävla tiden startas avsnitt automatiskt. Jag vill bli av med detta. Det förstör hela jävla upplevelsen med spotify just nu. Det förstör för mig minst varja vecka.
2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. When you mentioned the app is automatically playing a podcast, did you mean the previews you can see on the Podcasts feed? If yes, keep in mind you can mute them by selecting this icon:

2.jpg

On another note, remember you can set a podcast as Not interested on the Podcast feed. To do it, you can go to the three-dot menu on the preview and select the Not interested option:

1.jpg3.jpg

You'll then see a message: "We'll recommend less of this". 

Now, if perhaps a specific podcast starts to play when you're listening to different content and you're not browsing the app's feed, we'd suggest you access your account page and there you sign out of your account everywhere, using the button you'll find by scrolling to the bottom of the Account Overview page. This is to prevent any other users accessing your account without your consent. 

If your account is linked to any external app (such as Google, Facebook or Apple) we'd suggest you change the password there as well. 

Hope this clears things out. Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

And when a podcast isn't in your recommended auto play feed, but pops up when you search and want to block it, like make it go away like *poff*.
Do you need to listen to it to make it start recommend it and THEN have the solution, or can you actually choose for yourself before Spotify feed starts pushing it with force into your ears?
When I go in to the podcasts page I just see follow, notification bell, settings (where I can choose to download mark as finished etc) and the tree dots that when pressed pops up the menu with options follow, rate show, share, report, show Spotify code.
Pressing clicking and everything else at the name of the podcast does not let me se any kind of choices.

And when I scroll down to an episode i get ad, download share and the 3 dots, choosing 3 dots gives me a menu with add to your episodes, add to playlist, download, mark as finished, ad to que, share, go to episode, report, show Spotify code.
While there I get the same as previous but instead of go to episode it is go to show instead.
And when I press at the name it takes me to the podcasts page.
Podcasts I don't want to see, don't want to listen to, do I need to actually listen to them and pretend I want to listen to them to get Spotify to recommend them AND THEN I get to choose?
I think it is bad enough that I pay to not get ads, but the podcasts are cluttered with ads, some podcast of 20 min, it can legit be 7-12 min of ads and I an starting to feel like leaving Spotify and get myself a serious distributor of podcasts instead where you pay for no ads and get**bleep**! NO ADS!!
And no, it is no excuse "its already in the content, we don't add the ands so its them who are responsible".
No, you make shitloads of money, you don't even have a limit on how much of an episode is allowed to be ads, you just don't want to spend money on quality.

Then at least give me the fn option to choose what not to listen to without first having to listen to it and give them plays I dont want to give.
Best regards, 
Anneli
Ps, I actually used to sleep to podcasts, but since you don't even put any energy into filtering episodes with db-levels differ as much as 15 db, instead of helping me sleep the ad comes on REALLY LOUD and wakes me as efficiently as my alarm clock, but instead of my alarm in 7 hours, Spotify wakes me up every 10-25 minutes.
Sometimes even with shows that don't have ads, since one episode is at -13db and the next one is at -2db.
So you do not care about any consistency level and just push things out and then wonder why you loose listeners to other podcast distributors...

Suggested posts