NEXT STEP

Can't Remove Albums From Library

Can't Remove Albums From Library

Device

(iPhone 12, MacBook Air 2020)

Operating System

(iOS 17.4, Sonoma 14.2.1)

My Question or Issue 

My issue is that I've got two particular albums in my library that can't be removed. The check that is normally where the plus would be if it wasn't saved to my library isn't there. I haven't been able to figure out a way to remove them.

6 Replies

Hey there @Pommander,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you able to remove these albums by tapping the three dots and selecting "Remove from your library"? 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over some screenshots where we can take a better look at what you're seeing from your end? You can attach them using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately tapping the three dots doesn't work. Attached are the screenshots of what happens when I tap the three dots. Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.33.22 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.33.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.33.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.33.54 PM.png

Hey @Pommander,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That's odd. Have you already tried a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to remove any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, do you see those albums in your library if you log in from a different device?

Lastly, it would be helpful if you could send the links or URIs to these albums so that we can check them from our end.

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator

Unfortunately a clean reinstall and clearing of my cache didn't solve the issue. 

These albums also show up on the iPhone app.

Here are the links:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6okv1avxEgYSdc2JYy6ZEi?si=S6MOhMBbR7ibX5L20nuRpg

https://open.spotify.com/album/2UfzSKKR2buCQxpQshOhMu?si=NRyxJ8_pTPqkGdopjvnb7A

Thanks for the info @Pommander.

Have you tried saving the albums in Your Library and then removing them again? Does right-clicking them from the left side panel > Remove from Your Library work? It's also worth trying to remove them from another device (your iPhone or the Web Player).

If the issue persists, I'd recommend making sure the albums are saved in Your Library via the (+) button and reaching out to the folks over at Customer Support - they can try and remove them from their end to see if that does the trick.

Hope this gets sorted out. Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Operating System

Windows 10 + Android

My Question or Issue

The album "Moving Pictures" by Rush (the non-remastered version) cannot be removed from my library. I liked it once, and now when I unlike it, it keeps re-appearing for no reason. I don't know why this happens. How can I fix this, so that the album won't re-appear in my library?

ScarletHaeven_0-1711647524296.pngScarletHaeven_1-1711647529552.png

Suggested posts