Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non-shuffle & auto-removing songs from a "made for you" playlist

Non-shuffle & auto-removing songs from a "made for you" playlist

This problem is a bit complicated, but I suspect it's the "made for you" algorithm being over-eager.

-I'm listening to a "Made for You" Playlist containing 150 songs.
-I WANT to listen to them all in order and as I go add some songs to my liked songs, BUT I won't do that in one go because it's over 10 hours of music.
-At some point Spotify starts skipping some songs, so I manually press play on the actual next song on the playlist.
-Hypothesis: Spotify understands this as "user didn't like that song they just skipped".
-At some point I get to a song that gives me a "can't play this right now" error. The algorithm removed that song, although it's still visible on the playlist.
1 Reply

Hey there @pedrotecla,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

As the Made for you Playlists are created by our systems, they tend to change often and updates based on your listening history, so at times you may no longer see songs that were available before.

What you could do, however, is make a copy of the playlist. This way, you can keep all songs in one place and these won't disappear in case the Made for you playlist updates. You can copy all songs by opening the playlist in question > press the 3 dots > Add to other playlist.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts