Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists not showing up even when set to "Public

Playlists not showing up even when set to "Public

I have a premium account and I just started having this issue... 

(I'm using the desktop version of Spotify on my MacBook Air)

I make a playlist, add songs and a cover if needed then set it to playlist. But, it doesn't show up on my profile and other people can't see it too.  I tried this with my other account and I had the same problem too. I also tried setting the playlist public on my phone and it shows up there but not on my desktop version. What's going on and how can I solve this? I'm someone who loves making playlists for others so this is quite annoying 😞

Update: I tried doing it on the Web player and it worked but it still didn't show up on my desktop version.

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi @s1ngme2sleep,

How many playlists do you have showing on your profile? Note that there's a limit of 200, so if you have more than that it's possible that not all of them will show up.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

24 Replies

Hey there @ohnoredhead

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community 🙂

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Just to confirm, after creating the playlist on your phone, could you see it in the desktop app?

Also, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. Make sure not to send any private info. 

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am also having this issue right now, and I've triple checked that these playlists are set to public. I don't know what else to do...

Hey there @gdube630

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps to make the playlists public? 

If so and it still doesn't work, would you mind sending us the playlists' URI so we can take a closer look? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

If I remember correctly, Spotify has a limit of how many playlists you can set public on an account. It might be around 50 or so, give or take. I don't remember the exact number, but if you're someone who automatically puts playlists on public right after creating them, you might need to rethink that. There's a setting so that when you make a new playlist, it doesn't automatically go public. So to solve the issue, maybe try removing the amount of playlists you have set public on your profile. It's quite annoying but it's how Spotify works. Let me know if the problem is still there.

Hi @gdube630!

I think what you're looking for is the "Add to profile" feature which causes the playlist to appear on your profile, so when someone (or you) opens your profile, the playlist would be displayed. To do that, just go to any public playlist and right-click on it (or tap and hold if you're on mobile) > Add to profile.

When a playlist is public, it means that anyone with the link can access it and view it, so the people you share it with can check it out. It won't show up on your profile unless you manually add it.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. Open Spotify, go to the playlist and open it.
  2. Click on the playlist's three dots menu and select Make public.
  3. Once the playlist is set to public, click on the playlist's three dots menu again and select Add to Profile.

Regards,

Will

i have the same problem

i tried clean instal, making it private and then public again, both from phone and desktop app, and still playlist doesn't show, here it is: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6JTFt0cz7cf5sUjw1sCpIE

Open Spotify, go to the playlist and open it. Click on the playlist's three dots menu and select Make public. Once the playlist is set to public, click on the playlist's three dots menu again and select Add to Profile.

Regards,

Will

I am having the same problem
Here is my playlist link

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5W1bWEM5AD0k6o0tECUwlq?si=63c89d88c9d8479e

Hey @rsutherland_nz,

Thanks for reaching out.

We confirm that the playlist is visible on your profile.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Many thanks for this - however is the playlist available on other
peoples devices and profiles?

Hey again @rsutherland_nz,

You've successfully added it to your profile, so yes, it should be visible from all devices and to all users (unless you've blocked them).

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

Hi,
I have tried to see the tracks on another persons device but they are greyed out (i havent blocked them)

Hey @rsutherland_nz,

Please note that if the playlist contains local files, they won't show up on other users' accounts. If you'd like to see this implemented, we'd suggest voting for this idea.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator

so i just realised a few minutes ago that some of my public playlists have gone from my profile although they still say that they're on my profile, and i've tried quitting and deleting the app and checking from another device and other accounts, but they're not showing up, i was wondering if someone knows how to fix it? the attachment shows what i mean when i say that it says it's on my profile but i can't see it on my profile, and this is only one of maybe twenty that are gone? i still have access to them but they're not on my profile anymore for some reason

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 9.23.26 PM.png

Hi @s1ngme2sleep,

How many playlists do you have showing on your profile? Note that there's a limit of 200, so if you have more than that it's possible that not all of them will show up.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I just discovered missing playlists.  I have 20 playlists listed in the Windows app.  But under the "Good afternoon" heading, it showed me a playlist I made that isn't listed under Your Library.  I tried clicking through some settings and couldn't find any way to get the missing playlists added to the library.

So this is weird.  I went back to the mystery playlist and from the menu was able to add it to a subfolder in the library.  Now it's not missing.  But how would I know if there are more of them hiding somewhere?

Suggested posts