Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 specific podcasts will not play on my spotify.

2 specific podcasts will not play on my spotify.

The Daily by NY Times and The Fantasy Footballers podcasts will not play for me. No episodes. Not on my phone app, ipad, or on a web browser. I have deleted and redownloaded the app. Still have the same issue. Most of the time it just stays at 0:00, and sometimes it actually starts moving, but there is no sound.
7 Replies

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

This may be happening because that content may not be available in your area. First, though, can you let me know if this happens after you create a test account here? If it still doesn't play, can you let me know your country of residence?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I created a temporary account and tried those 2 pods once logged in. I clicked through multiple random episodes of each. They all started "playing", as in the timer started moving, but no sound actually played. I tried a couple other podcasts I listen to on my main account, and they all worked properly. I am located in Canada.

Hey @InspectorZimm,

Thanks for the information! And this only happens with those two podcasts? 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• When did this start happening?
  • Are these the only podcasts affected?
  • Does this happen across different networks? If you haven't tested this, please do so.
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Only these 2 of the 15 i regularly listen to, yes

• started happening earlier this year, probably around February/March
  • only 2 of the 15 i regularly listen to that dont work, yes
  • i cant play them on any network, work wifi, home wifi, cellular data etc
  • I just tried playing one of them on my web browser (FFBallers) and the timer started, but again no sound. the pause button would not work, and the timer kept running. Then i got the error message "spotify cant play this file right now" and it skipped ahead to the next podcast in my queue.

I've also tried downloading the episodes to my phone on the mobile app, but spotify wont allow me to do that either with any episode on either podcast. I can click download episode, but then the download never happens. just sits in limbo

Hey @InspectorZimm

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Could you send us a screen recording of the issue happening? We'll take a closer look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

Lastly, sending us the URI of the podcasts you mention would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts