Country

Finland

Device

Apple TV (4K 1st generation A1842)

Operating System

tvOS 15.1.1

Spotify app version

My Question or Issue

When listening a song on Apple TV's Spotify app the playback pauses for about 1-3 seconds when "Up Next" information appears. That is around 20 seconds before the end of the song. This does not happen every time but often.

Similar problem have been reported here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Why-does-spotify-pause-when-Up-Next-appears-using-...

6 Replies

Hi @sijk,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Can you reinstall the Spotify app on your TV? If it doesn't allow you to, we suggest you run a factory reset on the TV. After that make sure you update to the latest firmware possible and try installing Spotify again.

If that doesn't do the trick, try connecting the TV to another network, like a mobile hotspot and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, I had already tried reinstalling Spotify app etc. but rebooting my home router resolved the problem.

A bit surprising since I had no network problems when e.g. playing Netflix 4K content. Only Spotify was erratic. Anyway, all is good now.

Hey @sijk,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know it's working properly now.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm encountering the same issue. I did everything requested above. On the very first install of Spotify (aka a fresh install), this was immediately a problem. I restarted my router, I restarted my Apple TV 4k (both of them unplugged for a min), I tried a different network, I tried with and without Ethernet. Removed and reinstalled app. No dice

It's always ~20 seconds before the song is over. The "Up Next" banner comes up a few sec before that, so it's not entirely related. But it's always always always ~20 seconds before the end of the song, regardless of song length. The progress bar doesn't stop during this "pause".

This occurs even when it's not on the Now Playing screen, so the "Up Next" box has nothing to do with it.

Hey @1284392272,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We'd suggest following this thread, as any further troubleshooting will most likely be done in there.
Much appreciated 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts