NEXT STEP

CarPlay disconnects

Solved!

CarPlay disconnects

Phone: iPhone 13 pro

IOS software: 15.1 latest

Car: Honda and latest software

Spotify: latest update

CarPlay works with no issues as long as I don’t use Spotify. As soon as I open Spotify, CarPlay crashes and shows that I have no phone connected. If I unplug the iPhone and plug it back in and Spotify is still running CarPlay force closes. Once Spotify is force closed CarPlay works again.

I have tried resetting car infotainment system and issue wasn’t resolved. Deleted Spotify and all information and issue wasn’t fixed. Deleted car off iPhone and issue wasn’t resolved. Deleted phone off car and issue wasn’t resolved. 

iPhone is brand new. Multiple cables have been used and issue still persists. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seems that if you reset all settings on your iPhone it resolves the issue. I can now play Spotify on CarPlay. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @Hecsanchez03

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you r
estart your car by turning the ignition off then on again to see if that makes the difference.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

CarPlay is still crashing and the car does not recognize that I have a device connected due to the crash. 

same issue here with iPhone 13 pro max. 

this seems like a iPhone 13 compatibility issue. Doesn’t happen with my iPhone 12 or 11 

I can relate to this my phone 11 had no issues.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

Just to confirm, while you try to use Spotify are you also using Waze/Maps at the same time? If you are, try force quitting that app and open Spotify again. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please disable your phone's equalizer:

• Open Settings and browse for Music.
  • Tap on EQ.
  • Turn it Off, available at the top of the list
  • Reboot iPhone and reconnect to CarPlay. Does music playback work now?

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tried both suggestions and CarPlay keeps crashing and showing I have no phone connected. 

Also the latest Spotify update on iOS released on 10/05/21 did not resolve the issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In this case we'd recommend that you reach out to Apple support. The folks there can look into this further and give you more information about it.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Seems that if you reset all settings on your iPhone it resolves the issue. I can now play Spotify on CarPlay. 

Hi @Hecsanchez03

We're glad to know that it was sorted out, and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts