Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Iphone 15

Operating System

IOS 17.5

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a quite annoying bug with Spotify in the car with CarPlay. Every time I connect my phone WIRED to my carplay system, I cannot start music from carplay. So when I press play, everything kind of freezes and I can't hear any music. if I disconnect carplay the problem remains. What I always do now is connect my phone and then manually press Spotify play on my phone and not via my CarPlay display. As soon as I do this on my carplay system, Spotify stops working and I have to force close Spotify via my phone. I have had this ever since I had a carplay system in my car, which has been 3 months. I thought this would be quickly resolved in an update, but now that it still doesn't work, I am writing this article. I use spotify version 8.9.32.586. I have also tried uninstalling and installing the app, but unfortunately this does not work

1 Reply

Hey @JulianNL

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience, have you tried connecting another phone to your car via a cable and does the same thing occur there? 

We'd recommend clearing your cached files, check out this article we have on the topic. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts