Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading podcasts in chronological order

Downloading podcasts in chronological order

Hi all

If I want to download a bunch of podcasts. How can I ensure that they'll be downloaded in chronological order. Plus  be played in said order also.

Many thanks in advance. 

6 Replies

Hi there @danielmcgee,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

After downloading the podcast episodes you want, you can find them in Your Library under Your Episodes playlist, which you can sort by Release Date so they're in chronological order. To do so, go to Your Episodes > swipe down to reveal the search bar and the Sort button > tap on Sort > Release Date.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, changing the sort order to: published date in the: your episodes playlist doesn't reverse the downloaded episodes. Thus, episodes are not continuesly played. Can anyone else confirm this behaviour? I believe, I have discovered a bug here.

Hey @danielmcgee,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try filtering by Release Date and then clicking on the option Downloaded to see if that changes anything?

In case that doesn't make a difference, you can send us screenshots of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

A5CD7678-1FD8-4229-A045-91C7909F30E8.png

 Hi @Ver here is the attached screenshot of what I'm seeing with sort by release date and downloaded filter applied. As you can see, it still sorts the episodes in the wrong order. For continuous playback, the ordering needs to be reversed.

I hope this helps out in tracking down the problem.

Hi @danielmcgee,

Thank you for your reply!

When you sort by Release Date, it will always display them from newest to oldest. Unfortunately, at the moment that order can't be reversed.

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting the possibility to sort Your Episodes from oldest to newest. You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title.

As a temporary workaround, you can add the episodes to a playlist by following their release date. Then inside the playlist, sort them by "Recently added".

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

why do you make the sorting from newest to oldest in the first place? Who wants to listen any podcast series in that order? Isn't it like to read a book from the last page towards the first? 

Suggested posts