NEXT STEP

Equalizer Settings Reset Themselves

Equalizer Settings Reset Themselves

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

(iPhone 12 mini, iPhone XR, iPad 9. Gen)

Operating System

(iOS 16)

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Team,

I recently came across an error in the iOS Spotify App. If you configure the Equalizer settings, everything is fine at first. However, after reopening the app or playing a few hours, it seems like the Equalizer settings reset themselves. If you move one knob of the Equalizer, the sound immediately changes back to the shown knob settings.

Kind regards

Oliver Rauch

21 Replies

Hey @OliverRauch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device that may interfere with the process of saving the settings. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device (it could be a friend's or family member's device) but using your own account to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating your case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @OscarDC,

thanks for your reply. I tried it on the following devices: iPhone 12 (iOS 16.0.3), iPhone XR (iOS 16.0.3) and two iPads Gen. 9 (iPadOS 16.1). Even after reinstallation, the issue persists. I also tried using different accounts from my Spotify Family, but nothing seems to solve this issue.

Spotify Version on all devices: 8.7.78.426

Best wishes

Oliver

Hey @OliverRauch,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much information as possible. Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Just to confirm, was this behavior repeating on all of the devices you tried? It'd be awesome if you could share with us a video recording of what you're describing. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, just to check, did you notice if this is happening when you listen to and specific podcast episode, album or song? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey AlejaR,

thank you for your effort and for taking my issue serious. No OS update is involved because I experienced this issue first three years ago. The issue persists on every device I've tested it on.

I attached a video which describes my problem best. You see the Equalizer seems configured when I open Spotify. However, you might recognize if you listen carefully that the music sounds pretty flat but when you touch one knob, the sound changes back to the shown settings.

I hope you can hear it if you listen carefully to the sound of my video.

Best wishes

Oliver

PS: It happens with every track. (No specific track, podcast, album, etc. is involved)

Hey @OliverRauch,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We appreciate the time you're taking reporting this issue. To add more info to the investigation, would you mind confirming if this happens using a different Wi-Fi network or mobile data? 

Also, it would be great if you could check it in offline mode to see if it makes any difference.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hey @OscarDC,

I tried different Wi-Fi networks, mobile data and offline mode. It happens every time.

Best wishes

Oliver

Hi there @OliverRauch

Thanks for sharing all those details, we've passed them on to the relevant team. 

While we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment, it's recommended to keep the app up to date to ensure you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, I can confirm this issue has persisted all my journey with Spotify, this need to be fixed. Everytime I always have to "slide" particular hertz level to make a change into this hertz level.

Why equalizer always back to disable after i change/skip song or open spotify app.

I have to open the equalizer setting every time skip song or open spotify app.

I also have this problem and it drives me crazy. Being an audiofile myself I find this to be really a big issue. Please fix ASAP!

I also have the same problem

Hi folks,

In order for us to get a closer look at this, we'll need the following info:

• Your device's OS version and the version of Spotify you're running.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.
  • A short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

As do I, was there ever any solution communication ?

No, in this feed i posted a video, my device version and other information but nothing is fixed yet.

I’m experiencing the same problem.hope they will fix it soon…

Hello! I am experiencing the same thing. My audio sounds flat, but in the equalizer settings, I have it customized to my liking. I have to move one Hrtz just to activate the audio settings. Please fix this. 🥺🫶

I have the same problem. Ever since Spotify removed their API access, I was forced to use the Spotify main app with their barebones EQ, as SpotEQ (https://zackfletch.wixsite.com/spoteq) broke. Every time I add my EQ settings and then close and reopen the app, the settings are still there but non functioning. Or well, a bit functioning but 20% at best. It's weird. I have to slide the bar up and down and to my desired position again to be able to get the EQ working. It would also be nice if this was a 31-band equalizer. Very annoying to do this every time I open the app.

It an huge issue and Spotify team needs to find a fix for this quickly. I thought moving to premium would fix this issue but it’s all the same.

When you manually set the Equalizer to your liking it goes back to default when you reopen or exit the app. You would need to again open the Equalizer settings each time when you login and move a knob to get your desired settings back. 

I am currently using iPhone 14 pro max with IOS 17.1 however I have tried this with various devices and i have encountered the same problem over and over again. I believe the issue is within the app itself and not device or software specific.

Please fix this asap. 

Suggested posts