Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get the iPad to stop downloading songs my mom queued up?

Solved!

How do I get the iPad to stop downloading songs my mom queued up?

My 87-year-old mom sometimes decides to hit buttons she doesn't understand, so while using Spotify on her iPad yesterday, she hit download several times (thinking it would be better than "saving") and now when she went on Spotify this morning, there's a banner at the top that says "Downloading 2 of 47."  She has a generation 1 iPad with very little memory that is always connected to her home network. She has no need to download anything, but I can't find anywhere in the app where it will show me WHAT it is downloading and give me a chance to stop the process.

She has essentially stopped herself from being able to use Spotify because her network is crappy and is getting bogged down in the downloads thereby interrupting her streaming. 

Anyone know how I do this? Otherwise I'm just going to go in and delete the app and redownload. I feel like that should get rid of the device-specific things like the downloads, right? 

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey declauditha,

Let's help out your mom! First of all, let's check what she's downloading. First go to Your Library then My Songs and check wheteher it says 'Downloading...' on the top of the screen. If it doesn't, go back to Your Library the go to Playlists and check the playlists. Once again, just tap the playlist and check whether it says 'Downloading...'. Repeat until you find which playlist is the culprit.

To stop downloading if she's downloading songs from My Songs, try this:

1. Go to Your Library
  2. Go to My Songs
  3. Tap the switch next to "Downloading..." so it becomes grey

If she's downloading a playlist try this:

1. Go to Your Library
  2. Tap Playlists

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey declauditha,

Let's help out your mom! First of all, let's check what she's downloading. First go to Your Library then My Songs and check wheteher it says 'Downloading...' on the top of the screen. If it doesn't, go back to Your Library the go to Playlists and check the playlists. Once again, just tap the playlist and check whether it says 'Downloading...'. Repeat until you find which playlist is the culprit.

To stop downloading if she's downloading songs from My Songs, try this:

1. Go to Your Library
  2. Go to My Songs

If she's downloading a playlist try this:

1. Go to Your Library
  2. Tap Playlists

This helped me so much I wanted my songs to be downloaded but the changed my mind and could not find a way to stop it so this helps a whole lot. Thanks!

Suggested posts