Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you turn off "shuffle" on "radio" playlists?

How do you turn off "shuffle" on "radio" playlists?

I don't often create "radio" playlists, and I don't think this was always a problem, but I've noticed when I do they don't play in order, which is a giant pain if you hear a song you liked and want to save it or just see what song it was, you have no idea. Obviously I have "shuffle" turned off, but it shuffles anyways. Is this just a bug? It never happens with regular playlists I've created or other people have created, only "radio" playlists. 

8 Replies

Hey @bigunzzz,

Thanks for reaching out.

In order for us to investigate this further, can you please let us know the following:

• The model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected devices.
  • Does the issue occur when using Spotify Connect or when playing on the device you're controlling the playback from (or both)?
  • Is it possible to also send us a short screen recording of the issue?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

On older version of iPadOS with the latest version of the Spotify iPadOS app. A couple different versions of MacOS and whatever version the web app is. 

I am not connecting to any speakers or anything else, just playing directly on the device. 

I can't share a screen recording, but imagine a playlist that instead of playing the next song on the playlist, it plays something different on the playlist, and shuffle is not turned on. 

Hi @bigunzzz,

Thanks for the reply, but we this doesn't tell us what we need to know. Please provide the exact information that @MihailY has requested and we can gladly investigate this further. In particular the screen recording will help us a lot. There's various apps available that allow you to do this.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

JoanModerator

A "playlist" is just a list of songs that play in a particular order. Imagine that, but playing out of order instead. 

Hey @bigunzzz,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We apologize if the information requested previously may cause any inconvenience, but it's necessary to continue investigating your case. Since the behavior could be different depending on the device, it's very important to include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

Also, the recording we're asking for is to have a better picture of the issue you're mentioning and help you accordingly. This is because if you're listening to a regular playlist with Shuffle turned off, it should play in order from the top to the bottom. Depending on the device, you can record the screen with different tools and attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We appreciate your cooperation. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

When trying to listen through all the tracks from a song's radio playlist (50 tracks), after some time when navigating out of the playlist (but playing music only from that playlist) the radio playlist gets shuffled (the order changes and some songs get replaced).
App version: Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.2.4.912.g949d5fd0

Whenever I start a playlist or radio (not usually albums) the play order is shuffled. This started approximately three weeks ago and was not a problem before. It doesn’t matter which device I play from, iPhone app, web browser on PC, mac app, or Connect on KEF speakers.
Please fix this and let me play playlist in order. The bug is really annoying!

Edit: It seems that the radio playlist get reshuffled or regenerated occasionally while playing. I can’t determine if it’s based on time or something else but when I sometimes unlock my phone to check the list, for what song was played previously or will be next, I see it reshuffle itself. Whether, bug or intentional, this is not desirable. An option to regenerate/reshuffle would be welcome, but don’t force it out of the blue, and especially not while playing. 

I'm having the same issues. Seems to have started around December 2022. Happens with "Song Radios" and "Artist Radios". I generate a playlist, for example, "The Beatles Radio" and I see a big playlist of songs, I play the first song and then go and check my "Up Next" queue and its a totally different order of songs. It very reproducible and happens every time when I'm using the cast feature to a Google device. Not so much when using Bluetooth.

I've also noticed the random reordering of songs mentioned above. You can it see it happen sometimes.

I've tried clean installs, logging in and out hundreds of times, re-linking Spotify in Google, restarting devices, updates, firmwares, internet connection, clearing caches, turning shuffle on and off in various locations... etc.

My current workaround is to create a "Song/Artist Radio" and immediately add the whole radio to a personal playlist and then just play that playlist. Keeps the order permanently intact.

Suggested posts