Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jam on iOS: Jams ending at random

Jam on iOS: Jams ending at random

Plan

Premium (duo premium, both users shared)

Country

UK (both users)

Device

iPhone 15 pro max (both users)

Operating System

iOS always up to date (both users)

My Question or Issue

When sharing a jam session with another user (we're both on the same duo Spotify premium plan) the jam works for a little while, but then will randomly stop. Generally this would take place within 15-30 minutes of setting phone phone to one side to work or something while letting our jam play. We won't realise until one of us tries to add a new track to the jam list and notices that the jam owner has "ended the session", even though they didn't. Do jams idle out after periods of in-app inactivity?

2 Replies

I have the same problem... when i scan the qr code on the iphone (14 pro max) (from an android) i dont get the option to choose from which device i listen from.

On the android (s23 ultra)you can choose from which device you wanna listen to. We tried both ways and it still disconnects instantly.

Hey @michaelmcmasterlkj, @Ughie,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It's worth mentioning that if the host changes their output, the Jam session will end, as well as if the host leaves, it'll end the Jam for everyone.

Have you noticed what started causing the issue and have you checked your internet connection? It'll also help us with investigating if you could let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to try and make a difference. 

Does the issue happen only with those devices or have you tried any other devices with the same accounts?

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts