Premium

Country

UK

Device

ipad, android, iphone

Operating System

various

My Question or Issue

New system has been in use for two months with no issues, today the yamaha r-n602 is no longer available. It is greyed out in  devices and has a message "can't play this right now". I have powered everything down, phone, ipad, amplifier, switch, and router before bringing them all back up. no difference. Have reset account details in musiccast app. 

What else can I try?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With a suggestion from Spotify twitter support (@SpotifyCares) it burst into life. 

I upgraded everything, deleted the app from my android phone and iPad, powered it all back up, reinstalled and still the same issue.  The suggestion was to try using spotify on the ipad to use the android as an output device. That worked and all of a sudden the yamaha was available to use as an output - and it worked!!

I suspect that the app on the ipad is retaining some stale information which it broadcasts. When I reinstalled on the iPad my account details had persisted, so a) the uninstall is incomplete, and b) data persists across the uninstall/install process.

If you have a second device it will be well worth giving it a try.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

With a suggestion from Spotify twitter support (@SpotifyCares) it burst into life. 

I upgraded everything, deleted the app from my android phone and iPad, powered it all back up, reinstalled and still the same issue.  The suggestion was to try using spotify on the ipad to use the android as an output device. That worked and all of a sudden the yamaha was available to use as an output - and it worked!!

I suspect that the app on the ipad is retaining some stale information which it broadcasts. When I reinstalled on the iPad my account details had persisted, so a) the uninstall is incomplete, and b) data persists across the uninstall/install process.

If you have a second device it will be well worth giving it a try.

Suggested posts