Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Local Files

Spotify Local Files

-Im using Spotify Premium as well as an Iphone 6 and a Macbook air

First, I downloaded a song onto my itunes from my laptop, then I checked my local files for the song and created a playlist with the local song. Next, I made sure my wifi was the same for both my Iphone and Macbook,  and that no firewalls were present. I pressed download (aka make available offline) on my Macbook. I checked my iphone as this happened. The song is downloaded onto my laptop, however when I click the playlist with the file on my Iphone, the song is  grayed out. If you click it, it tells me to do everything I had done before, yet "magically" nothing is there!

Tried the process again and now the song's playlist comes up, and even the cover art, but when I click the playlist it asks me if I want to add songs to this playlist....

Solutions???

Spotify.PNG
Spotify 2.PNG
3 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, can you check if your files are supported? They have to be .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. Also, some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can simply download QuickTime to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify. 

We're looking forward to your reply.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

As said before, the file has been downloaded onto my laptop, the problem is getting it to my iphone's spotify. Yes, it is a mp3 file. It plays just fine on my spotify playlist on the macbook. 

I too have this issue. I've been working with Spotify via email and did everything they told me to try and still not working. They ran out of generic copy/patested responses so now I'm waiting until they think of something else.

Suggested posts