Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify no longer working on Apple Watch se

Spotify no longer working on Apple Watch se

At first it worked an I was chuffed I could run without the need for my phone but all of a sudden it won’t even load on the watch simply flashing on watch face for a split second and then vanishing, I’ve tried drying and reinstalling I’ve reset the watch and phone and paired again I’m at my wits end!

3 Replies

I have an Apple Watch SE and this same problem is happening to me.   I like to listen offline with my AirPods without my phone while running.  If I try to open the app, it often crashes immediately.  Sometimes, it will allow me to listen to a song or two, then crashes.  I have tried to "force open" the app with my phone, listen to a song then switch to listen through my watch.  This sometimes works.  The app is unreliable.  It would be great to get a solution.

Same problem for me. I have a brand new Apple Watch SE and the Spotify app doesn't do anything: no playlists, no songs, no controls (I tap and nothing happens). I'm using an iPhone SE that's only six months old. I just upgraded to Premium in order to use the Watch app, and I've tried every troubleshooting tactic (rebooting the watch, reinstalling the apps, triaging network and bluetooth connections) with no success.

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To start, we'd like to confirm if this issue started happening after a certain event such as an update. 

In the meantime, please try reinstalling the Spotify app in your watch. Also, restart your iPhone's network settings:

1. Open your phone's Settings General.
  2. Scroll down to and tap on Reset.
  3. Select Reset network settings. Keep in mind all your default network values and options are restored. 

If these don't do the trick, let us know the model and OS of your phone, as well as the OS of your watch. This will help us keep investigating.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts