Premium

Country

Pl

Device

iPhone 13 pm

Operating System

ios 17.4.1

My Question or Issue

Same issue as here, but the solution did not work for me, any further advices? 🙂 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Similar-songs-not-playing-after-searched-song-anymore/m-p/5...

I had same problem in the past, it was resolved with time, but now appeared again. 

The songs I tried - "Bad Romance" Lady Gaga, "Points of Authority" LP.

Tried both with PC (windows 10) and iPhone, no result.

The app is updated, shuffle is on, repeat is off, no idea what else might be wrong. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Misha252,

You’re experiencing an issue with Spotify’s Autoplay feature, where the song you search for keeps playing on repeat instead of playing similar songs.

Sometimes, simply logging out of your Spotify account and logging back in can help refresh your settings. Make sure to do this on all devices where you’re experiencing the issue.
Ensure that the Autoplay feature is enabled in your settings. This feature is designed to play similar tracks after your music ends.
Verify that you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your devices. Updates often include bug fixes that can resolve issues like the one you’re facing.
If updating doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify. This can clear up any data that might be causing the problem.
Go to your Spotify settings and disable Autoplay, then enable it again. This can sometimes kickstart the feature to work correctly.
A stable internet connection is required for Autoplay to function properly. Ensure your connection is stable and try again.

Remember, if the song you’re playing is from a very niche genre or a new artist, the app might not be able to generate a robust Autoplay list.

Best Regards,
kynect

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Misha252,

You’re experiencing an issue with Spotify’s Autoplay feature, where the song you search for keeps playing on repeat instead of playing similar songs.

Sometimes, simply logging out of your Spotify account and logging back in can help refresh your settings. Make sure to do this on all devices where you’re experiencing the issue.
Ensure that the Autoplay feature is enabled in your settings. This feature is designed to play similar tracks after your music ends.
Verify that you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your devices. Updates often include bug fixes that can resolve issues like the one you’re facing.
If updating doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify. This can clear up any data that might be causing the problem.
Go to your Spotify settings and disable Autoplay, then enable it again. This can sometimes kickstart the feature to work correctly.
A stable internet connection is required for Autoplay to function properly. Ensure your connection is stable and try again.

Remember, if the song you’re playing is from a very niche genre or a new artist, the app might not be able to generate a robust Autoplay list.

Best Regards,
kynect

Hi @Misha251,

Could you also confirm if this happens when listening on an external speaker or locally on your device? If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided by @brandon698sherrick, please share a short screen recording which captures the described behavior in action so can get a direct view of how things look on your and and investigate further.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Re-installing the app helped.

Suggested posts