Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me type to login?

Solved!

Won't let me type to login?

I can go to the login page on the iPad app but i cant type anything, sometimes it won't even let me "click" anything at all. I already tried reinstalling and restarting my device?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this same issue for about a week, until I finally figured out what was causing the error. You CAN NOT HAVE ANY AD BLOCKING APP'S on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) because it will cause the Spotify app's code to function improperly. There are 2 options available to fix this error...

Your first option is to open your ad blocking software on your iOS device and disable it; all ad blocking apps are a bit different so I won't list exactly how to do it for each one, but most are pretty straight forward. DO NOT FORGET TO RESET YOUR WIFI access to the ad blocker by disabling your WIFI and then re-enabling your WIFI connection. If done correctly, most ad blocking apps will state that you have done as such successfully. After doing so, you can open the Spotify app and login as normal.

Your second option is to connect through another WIFI or Internet connection that isn't affected by the ad blocker. You could use a WIFI hotspot like the kind found at any Starbucks, or you could turn your spare iPad and/or iPhone into a temporary hotspot by going to Settings --> Personal Hotspot --> and then clicking the "turn on" button, followed by setting up a temporary WIFI password below the "turn on" button (eg. password) which will then be used by your primary iOS device to access the temporary hotspot. Connect to the temporary hotspot on your primary iOS device and enter the password you just set up a moment ago through your temporary hotspot, after which you can open up the Spotify app and login as normal.

Short of this, there is nothing you can do to get around this frustrating error until Spotify recognizes the error, and implements a coding fix within it's next update

It's worth noting to anybody reading this (as I am positive that MANY people will find this post useful because this problem seems to be rampant after performing a quick Google search about the issue), that this post was written September 29, 2016, when iOS 10 was the latest version of iOS available. To anybody reading this in the future (well my future, your present :P) Apple may have changed the iOS significantly making this tutorial valid, but needing to be tweaked because the correct procedure for enabling a personal hotspot may have changed.

I hope this helps everybody out! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I had this same issue for about a week, until I finally figured out what was causing the error. You CAN NOT HAVE ANY AD BLOCKING APP'S on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) because it will cause the Spotify app's code to function improperly. There are 2 options available to fix this error...

Your first option is to open your ad blocking software on your iOS device and disable it; all ad blocking apps are a bit different so I won't list exactly how to do it for each one, but most are pretty straight forward. DO NOT FORGET TO RESET YOUR WIFI access to the ad blocker by disabling your WIFI and then re-enabling your WIFI connection. If done correctly, most ad blocking apps will state that you have done as such successfully. After doing so, you can open the Spotify app and login as normal.

Your second option is to connect through another WIFI or Internet connection that isn't affected by the ad blocker. You could use a WIFI hotspot like the kind found at any Starbucks, or you could turn your spare iPad and/or iPhone into a temporary hotspot by going to Settings --> Personal Hotspot --> and then clicking the "turn on" button, followed by setting up a temporary WIFI password below the "turn on" button (eg. password) which will then be used by your primary iOS device to access the temporary hotspot. Connect to the temporary hotspot on your primary iOS device and enter the password you just set up a moment ago through your temporary hotspot, after which you can open up the Spotify app and login as normal.

Short of this, there is nothing you can do to get around this frustrating error until Spotify recognizes the error, and implements a coding fix within it's next update

It's worth noting to anybody reading this (as I am positive that MANY people will find this post useful because this problem seems to be rampant after performing a quick Google search about the issue), that this post was written September 29, 2016, when iOS 10 was the latest version of iOS available. To anybody reading this in the future (well my future, your present :P) Apple may have changed the iOS significantly making this tutorial valid, but needing to be tweaked because the correct procedure for enabling a personal hotspot may have changed.

I hope this helps everybody out! 🙂

Suggested posts