Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Profile Picture

Solved!

Change Profile Picture

Hello all, can anyone tell me how I can change my profile picture?

I have read posts that it is only possible to get a picture for your account if you have a Facebook linked.

These posts are from 2012.

I find this hard to believe as it is the year 2013 and the script to handle such a small operation could be coded and implemented within a day, a week AT MOST.

Some of these Internet companies are riding this bandwagon that Facebook should be a universal log in for all web sites.

This is a long term attempt to undermine internet anonymity, can we please stop doing this?

Five dollars a month and I can't change my profile picture? Really???

59 Replies

I feel your pain

i cant figure out how to set one without using facebook because i deactivated mine

@alexisnr12 

Right now you can only add a profile picture by connecting your Facebook account to your Spotify account.

If you want to be able to add one without Facebook, then kudo this idea to show your support:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Picture-on-Profile/idi-p/11523

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

um i WANT a picture for my spotify and i dont want a facebook account this is just sad i dont need a facebook account just to make a picyure thats really sadSmiley Sad i mean i dont have facebook i dont want to be adicted to it like my sister and mom so plz fix that spotify PLZSmiley Mad

I dont know how to change my spotify profile picture!
Could someone please tell me the answer/trick
to me?

Hello, I tried that too, because I have the same issue. I am not connected to FB, but still Spotify keep my FB username and picture I regret that I have linked the picture in FP and wish to go back to my real username and no avatar. I tried to login with the old username I used before FB and still no success.

IMG_2015-08-08 18:01:50.jpg

You have to link your account to Facebook

It kinda sucks though...

What if we dont have facebook?

Hi there, 

Is it possible for me to link my spotify account to my facebook PAGE and not my personal profile?

I'm trying to add a profile picture to my spotify page (for the company I work for) but it looks like I can only do it by linking to facebook.

I want to link my company's spotify page to my company's facebook page and not my personal account? Can you help me!?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

just change your rank

I just wanted to add that after how ever many years since I made this post, I still can not set my profile picture in Spotify without linking my Facebook. Somehow I manage to **bleep** enough on the forums to unlock my avatar here though. 

GG Spotify. 😕

I have fb and it is stuck on my old profile picture. What gives??!?! How do I get it to change to the most recent profile picture?

Hello!

I did execute the url and I uploaded (for the very first time) my brand new picture profile (by the way I haven't linked my fb account yet). mmm

I can see the picture now... But only in this community... In the application I'm John Doe, by the picture I mean. It doesn't work there!

Sergio Palma H.

(Sorry, my english is not that good)

2016-09-08_10-26-12.png

I do not have a facebook account, never have, and am certainly not creating one, now.

As a platform for users unique music preferences, one for which I pay, this is unacceptable. I should not have to link a social profile in order to personalize my spotify one.

Bull**bleep**.
1475085835195815703367.jpg

This only works for the community website, not for the apps and www.spotify.com. I thinks that's the real problem. I don't have a Facebook account and still want to be able to add something of an avatar image. I can't understand why it's not possible to do this without a *** Facebook account.  

there still is no way to do this without being a VIP member.

What if you changed your facebook profile picture weeks or months ago and it still hasn't changed? Also, I'm using the web player since I have a chrome book, so how do I change my user picture?

You can only change your profile picture by linking your account to Facebook, and then it will use the Facebook profile picure.

Suggested posts