Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Former student cannot update credit card without verifying eligibility

Solved!

Former student cannot update credit card without verifying eligibility

I used to have a student discount, which hasn't been active in a year, but my credit card is expiring on the account and I cannot update the info without verifying through Sheer, which I cannot do. Subscription only shows the option for renewing at 4.99, otherwise the only options outside this are buying Premium for a year or buying the family plan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok then I'll suggest you to cancel your premium account, wait until you return to free account and reactive your account. They will ask you for new billing information.

Hope this post helping, do not hesitate to like it and accept it as a solution.

I'm not a Spotify employe.

Best regards
Masta_22

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi noxnoctus, I got a Solution for you! You can visit subscriptions page. You will found there the option for changing credit card info. 

If this post helping, do not hesitated to like it and accept it as a solution.

I'm not a spotify employe.

Best regards

Masta_22

This is the only option I see

Capture.PNG

Hey, I'm not sure to understand what your trying to do. Do you have trouble with the promotion choice or you have problem with updatind your information card? What it says when you trying to change your credit card info?

Best regards

Masta_22

I am no longer a student. I have been billed at $9.99 for the last year or so, which is fine. However, the card I have on file is expiring and I cannot replace the card, because it attempts to do the student verification after the payment info is entered

Marked as solution

Ok then I'll suggest you to cancel your premium account, wait until you return to free account and reactive your account. They will ask you for new billing information.

Hope this post helping, do not hesitate to like it and accept it as a solution.

I'm not a Spotify employe.

Best regards
Masta_22

Yeah I was thinking that option I'm just hesitant as I don't want to lose my playlists and start from scratch. If no one else has any ideas I'll go that route. Thanks!

hey, dont worry you will not lose your playlist. I can show you how to get it back if you lost them.

keep me in touch!

Best regards

Masta_22

Suggested posts