Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hijacked account?

Hijacked account?

Hi All:

I think my Spotify account has somehow been hijacked....but not in a Hacker sort of way. One day, I opened spotify and noticed that I suddenly had playlists, which do not belong to my account (Italian Rap). I thought, maybe my daughter and thought nothing of it....

A couple of days later, all playlists were gone, except the italian rap stuff. So now I ask my daughter, and she says she was not on Spotify for a while....

Very strange. Today I log in to spotify and notice, that my User pic was changed to the ACMilan Soccer team badge. So I think, someone, somehow is sharing my account and we are probably erasing each others settings/playlists the whole time. BTW, I also see friends in my "List of friends" which I do not know.

So, any ideas anyone??

Thomas

3 Replies

Hey @captainTK,

Please go to https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/, change your password and press the "Sign out everywhere" button.

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim:

Thanks for the tip. Hope that solved it.
Any idea as to how this happened? I mean, someone accidentally putting in a wrong devicenumber and accidently using the right password seems unlikely.... Or is the password a new thing? I don't remember ever setting it....
T 🙂

Unfortunately, I have no information about that.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts