How can I get private session to turn on automatically?

Highlighted

Re: How can I get private session to turn on automatically?

lsfdjgfdsg
Casual Listener

Hi everyone, 

I'd like to revive this topic, hoping we could get a final solttion for this Spotify-imposed sharing setting.

What I'm trying to accomplish is the following: listen to music on my Spotify account without anyone seeing what I'm listening to. I'm not a social butterfly and don't care about anyone's opinion on the music I listen to. 

That being said: is there a way to listen to music on Spotify without sharing that with anyone? No I don't want to turn on Private every 6 hours and have already disconnected the Facebook account. 

As I'm typing this I'm transferring my playlists over to Apple Music, which does not seem to share anything without my conesent or ask me to turn on Private mode every 6 hours. 

I really like Spotify, the music and quality but got really bothered by having to go Private every 6 hours.

Can someone please let me know if there's a permanent solution to this nonsense, or should I finish transfering over my playlists to Apple Music ? 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey @lsfdjgfdsg, Welcome back to the Community!

There is a permanent solution. You only need to do the following:

1. Click the v next to your name (top right corner) followed by a click on Settings.
  2. Turn everything switch off between Social and Local Files.

This should do the trick.

Cheers,

Highlighted

Tarzerix
Casual Listener

"everything switch off" includes switch off "private session"?
Sounds a bit confusing. If I do so it turns my hidden status directly to public.
Or get I something wrong here?

Thanks..

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Then I'm not sure about my solution. Can you please check it for me please.
-
Highlighted

lsfdjgfdsg
Casual Listener

Everything social is already off on my end. However, I still appear in other people's friend feed, unless I turn on Private Session, which I need to do every 6 hours.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Thank you for checking.
By searchingring on the Community, I found this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Let-me-activate-private-session-indefinitely/idi-p/10429...
You can give it a Vote and hope that they implement the feature soon.
Cheers,
Highlighted

trevhartzell

Highlighted

scorpiorising
Regular

This is ridiculous. 

Are they completely insane. They just think no one will notice or mind that all their listening is being broacasted in public?? 

This is unacceptable. 

None of these "solutions" are aceptable. Nothing short of a "make ALL sessions private" option is acceptable. 

Once again, a service putting their marketing strategies before their costumers. 

Highlighted

qweqwe4

This is the kind of fascism you'd expect from Mark Zuckerberg. I've cancelled my premium subscription and as soon as I've transferred my playlists to Tidal, I'm never coming back to Spotify because of this. 

Highlighted

jimbeau66

kind of annoying and a little sinister that the default setting is PUBLIC

SUGGESTED POSTS