Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm a grad student in the US, and I verified my eligibility but am still being charged the $9 rate.

I'm a grad student in the US, and I verified my eligibility but am still being charged the $9 rate.

The help section isn't answering my question. I've followed the specified steps several times and as I finish the process, I am continually being taken to my account / profile page. I am still being charged the $9 fee. How long does it take for my student discount to kick in? Has anybody experienced this same issue, and how did you fix it?

1 Reply

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

The discounted period should start after the premium expires. Say you got premium every 12th of the month, the next 12th (November in this month) you're discounted subscription should start. 

You can find this at your account.

If this is not the case you might also take an look at the invoice/payments page in your account. 

Otherwise,  you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts