Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

I've disconnected my Spotify account from my Facebook account, but Spotify still shows my full name, even though I didn't create my Spotify account through Facebook. Why? It's highly irritating. I've cleared all internet history, and that don't help either. What can I do about this? It's been some days since I disconnected them from eachother.

50 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the community! What platform do you use? If it's a Windows or Mac, I'd suggest you to reinstall the client. Due to data caching inside the Spotify application, it is possible that your full name will be displayed in the client for some time.

I use Windows 7.

@twowaymonologue wrote:

I've disconnected my Spotify account from my Facebook account, but Spotify still shows my full name, even though I didn't create my Spotify account through Facebook. Why? It's highly irritating. I've cleared all internet history, and that don't help either. What can I do about this? It's been some days since I disconnected them from eachother.

Are you using the webplayer?

The webplayer is always tied to facebook I believe 🙂

@twowaymonologue wrote:

I use Windows 7.

Have you tried signing out then in?

I have tried signing out and signing in again. And I use the windows application.

@twowaymonologue wrote:

I have tried signing out and signing in again. And I use the windows application.

Have you tried to reinstall the client already?

No, I'll try that right away.

It didn't help to reinstall the client either... Nothing seems to help.

twowaymonologue - I've just disconnected your Facebook from your Spotify. If you now log in with the username 'twowaymonologue' and your Spotify password, you won't see any link to Facebook.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks! It hasn't been showing my name in Spotify since the reinstallment, but it still does when I try to send a link to a playlist to someone. Is the only solutions to use the URIs instead?

Your name shouldn't show up at all now those accounts are disconnected, so you should be able to share those playlists how you like.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same issue for me Sam. I cleared cache. I uninstalled. I disconnected multiple times but my old Facebook profile and name is reflecting. Can you please assist me with this? I'd like USER to reflect OpinionatedJay like before. Thank you.

@opinionatedjay wrote:

Same issue for me Sam. I cleared cache. I uninstalled. I disconnected multiple times but my old Facebook profile and name is reflecting. Can you please assist me with this? I'd like USER to reflect OpinionatedJay like before. Thank you.

Strange, when did you disconnect from Facebook? (Its still showing as connected for me). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I connected prior to making this thread. My profile image isn't show but it still says my name.

@opinionatedjay wrote:

I connected prior to making this thread. My profile image isn't show but it still says my name.

I would leave it for 24 hours and see if it corrects itself. Some changes especially to display names can take a little time to be updated on the server side. 

Peter

Peter

Still there. Do other Spotify mods/employees frequent this forum regularly?

@opinionatedjay wrote:

Still there. Do other Spotify mods/employees frequent this forum regularly?

Depends on how busy they are really, I just pulled your profile and confirm it is still linked to Facebook for some reason. 

I would suggest you drop the support team an email using the online contact form@ or tweet @SpotifyCares and they will be able to dig a little deeper for you. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you, I appreciate it. I already filled out that form yesterday. Hopefully we can get this resolved as it seems to happen frequently to others.

Hey Sam, 

Having the same problem , 
Our username is NutritionSystems but it is still showing Steve Williams even after we disconnected our FB, cleared cache, and reinstalled windows client. 

Suggested posts